Monday, November 16, 2009

11/16/09

Another view of Yates Mill. I just love this place....



Here are a few things I "learned" today, this Monday, November 16 of 2009.

1. My life becomes a standstill when the internet is down at school. Little do we all realize how much we depend on a computer!

2. I have a lot going on this week at school and sometimes I wonder if I am "crazy" trying to do so many things. (probably not seeing as I love surprising my students...)

3. A bowl of cereal DOES NOT sustain you through the morning like a bagel/cream cheese or 2 eggs. I wanted to dive into some of my student's snacks around 9:00 this morning. I think they may have had a problem with their teacher grabbing their snack from them yelling "It's MINE, all MINE!"

4. I really don't know what to do with myself when the internet is down at school. (Can you tell I had issues with this one?!)

5. Sometimes one minute in the microwave is not enough to warm up your lunch. Unfortunately, by the time you realize that fact you have already walked across the cafeteria and don't want to get back up again because you will lose your 5 minutes of lunchtime. SO... you choose to eat it more coldish/lukewarm.

6. Teaching the songs for the second grade play can be a bit unnerving when you are trying to do it without the actual music. Especially when you are an individual that sings an octave lower on a good day. Thankfully, kids don't realize if you hit the wrong note or not. I have also learned that I sing from my throat and not my diaphragm like you are supposed to do and that causes some issues in the voice department. Hmmmm.... God is stretching me to learn music better.

7. I was glad when the internet started working again at school. It was like I had found my long lost friend.

8. I found Egg Nog in the grocery store today. This will make Steve extremely happy and I bought him some. Gotta take care of my baby.

9. Showing kindness to someone, even in the smallest of ways, can speak volumes.

10. I am so blessed by the Lord in my life. I am thankful for His mercy, grace, understanding, love, compassion, and pricking of my heart to be all I can be for Him.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Absolutely gorgeous shot, looks like a postcard!

Morgan said...

That picture looks like a painting. Gorgeous!!!! And I love your thoughts of the day---very funny and true!