Thursday, November 12, 2009

11/12/09

Reflections and fall beauty... I love that combination!


Here is a funny from today.

I was teaching the children about the Pilgrims on the Mayflower and shared with them some of the things they ate. The book I am reading was talking on one of the things that is called "hardtack" and it is a hard biscuit. I thought that was what it was, but before I told them incorrectly I wanted to check. While I was "researching" quickly one of my kids said:

"Oh, yeah, I know what that is! That is what killed Michael Jackson!"

Well, not quite, but you have the idea. I'm sure some of those Pilgrims eating it thought they might have one as hard as they were to eat! :)

In devotions in our teachers meeting this morning one of the teachers spoke on this verse::

II Corinthians 12:9
My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ my rest upon me.

She challenged us to find ways where God's grace is sufficient for us, so here is mine.

God's grace is sufficient for me when....

I feel so inadequate to be all I need to be for my sweet husband, children and my students.

I make mistakes in life.

I realize I cannot do it all.

I forget my faith in the Lord because I'm too busy looking at the circumstance surrounding me.

I have a bad day.

I have to help someone who is hurting and I don't know what to say.

I am hurting.

I think I have figured out how to solve a problem with my children and they change it up on me!

I get upset with the kids and have to "step away" for a bit.

I find that my "routine" has been messed with and I have to "wing" it. (perfectionism at its finest)

These are only a handful of ways God's grace is sufficient for me, but I challenge you to do the same. If you have a blog consider yourself "tagged" to show how God's grace is sufficient for you. If not, write them out on a piece of paper. It's like counting your blessings with a twist. :)

2 comments:

wendy said...

Kids stories are the best! My mom always says, "Are you writing this stuff down?" And I always say, "Mom, have you read my blog?" So funny to mix Michael Jackson with the Pilgrims :)

Anonymous said...

GODS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME WITH EVERY BREATH I TAKE! AMEN!