Monday, November 02, 2009

11/02/09

This is from a devotion I have read. These are not my personal words but I needed this today so that is why I posted it. Maybe you can use it as well.

Psalm 86:1 - Bow down thine ear, O Lord, hear me: for I am poor and needy.

In Psalm 86, David talks about his distress and overcomes it through praise and worship - through prayer. You could pray this psalm during those times of pain in your life.

The first verse is one of my favorites! Notice that just as a child whispers into the ear of a parent, David is asking God to bow down His ear and hear him. We need to remember that God cares about us and loves us. He is not so big that He cannot bow down to hear us.

When we are weak, sick, and despondent, our mighty God will have respect for our prayers and our faith - and He will listen to us.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

This is just weird--I came across a scripture a couple of weeks ago that lead me to start reading the whole book of Psalms--I'm right at Psalms 84 as of last night. Since I started reading it, I have run across references to Psalms scriptures all over the place. Clearly it's a book I am meant to spend time with right now.