Wednesday, November 04, 2009

11/05/09

Oh the beauty of the earth.... (click to view the majesty of those colors...)

Kevin and I are off to see South Pacific tonight. Should be a great evening... I just hope I stay awake. lol

I was singing this song the other day in preparation for the second grade Christmas play. This song is "intertwined" with another song in the play. I have been working with the pianist to get the music right since I have to teach it. (Any of you that have heard me sing in real life, I do not need comments on that right now...LOL)

I realize this song talks about spring, but I felt it could go very well with the beauty of fall. Enjoy the words to this hymn today:

Fairest Lord Jesus
Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all nature,
O Thou of God and man the Son,
Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,
Thou, my soul's glory, joy and crown.

Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
Robed in the blooming garb of spring:
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer
Who makes the woeful hearts to sing.

Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight,
And all the twinkling starry host:
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
Than all the angels heaven can boast.

Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations!
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor, praise, adoration,
Now and forevermore be thine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't see you there last night! But wasn't it wonderful?!

Gretchen said...

LOVE this picture!