Friday, November 03, 2006

11/3/06

Ack, it has been a week again. I just can't believe how busy life is and how I never get on here.

It has actually been a long week. I guess it was the time change. When I woke up yesterday I just knew it HAD to be Friday but I was sadly mistaken that it was Thursday. ha!

Miss Pearl's funeral was on Tuesday. Unfortunately, we found out the morning OF the funeral. They had not prepared enough for it and were going to wait a few days, but then decided at the last minute to go ahead with it. I was heartbroken because we were all going but at that short notice I couldn't leave school. My Mom was able to go and she said the service was sweet. It still causes me to have tears in my eyes when I think of Miss Pearl and the fact that she is gone. I have thought about her a lot this week. I am going to take Wesley and Mikayla to her gravesite this weekend so we can put flowers on her grave. They need that. They were quite sad that they didn't get a chance to go to the funeral, too.

It is our peak weekend to see the trees colors. As I have been driving down the road the past few days I have seen SO many beautiful colors. I just love when I see the sun shining through the leaves and casting shadows. I really miss having the time to take photos like that. With time change and school I get home too late.

On Wednesday I took photos for one of my parents. She wanted me to take pictures of her children for something she is doing for Christmas. She was very pleased with them. It gave me practice, too. I still have so much to learn. It is amazing how much differently you look through the camera lens when it is not your own children. I will say, though, that I tried to make sure I took the kinds of pictures I would want of my own children. I am going to take photos on Saturday of a family that are our friends. I am looking forward to it and hope that I will get some great shots for them.

Steve has to work all weekend. We will miss him. He helped me clean the house yesterday. (Actually, EVERYONE worked on this house...it was disastrous.) I appreciated him helping me because it surely can get overwhelming. The kids and I are going to have a relaxing evening tonight. We're going to have a "picnic" in the den and watch a movie before they go to bed early. They have had a busy week!!! Between Halloween and other stuff we have been on the go. OH...I have forgotten to post pictures of Halloween!! I'll get on that tonight.

Well, I need to go figure out what we're having for supper. :) Enjoy your evening. I'll share more photos later. The one above is the ONLY one of fall leaves I have taken that was worth much. Of course, when you only take 5 very quickly outside of your van at work when you are leaving one afternoon, what do you expect???? Maybe I can capture some this weekend....

No comments: