Friday, October 27, 2006

Today is a bit of a sad day for us. Miss Pearl, the one who kept the kids from the time they were four months old until they started school, died today. She had had a stroke last year around this time and never fully came back to who she was. We visited her this past summer before she left the rest home. She went to live with her family but they said she kind of gave up. It broke my heart when my Mom told me. I just told Wesley and Mikayla. They took it rather well, but Wesley actually is having a harder time. He kept saying he was going to miss "Miss Pewl"... he just can't get that /r/ sound right but it is precious when he says her name. We are shedding tears but know she had the Lord as her Savior and she is with Him now. Miss Pearl has always been a part of my life so this is hard for me, too. Her funeral will be on Tuesday.

This has been a crazy week and I am glad it is the weekend. I have more papers to grade so I'm going to close for now. We're going to watch "The Great Pumpkin" with the kids in a minute. In honor of Miss Pearl I posted the picture of her with the kids (this was their birthday party 2005 and the last one she was able to come to) and a red flower. She loved red and she loved flowers. She had as many flowers and red things in her life as possible. She is the reason my flowers stayed alive for five years. They suffer a bit now. I think of her everytime I look at them...and remember to water them. She will be missed.

No comments: