Sunday, November 19, 2006

11/19/06

Here are a couple more pictures from the lake yesterday. It was such a beautiful day.

Well, this morning Mikayla woke up with a high fever again so I took her to an Urgent Care. The doctor said her throat was bad and her lungs sounded bad. He gave her a strep test and a chest x-ray. Thankfully, her chest was clear so he felt she had bronchitis instead of pneumonia. Her strep test came back negative, but he said many times they give a false read. If you had seen her throat like I did then it would be evident something was wrong. He put her on a strong antibiotic and a stronger cough syrup. She is feeling much better tonight.

Wesley is doing a lot better, too. None of us went to church today. It was a bit of a weird day.

We watched a lot of movies this afternoon to give the kids time to be quiet and rest. That is what they needed more than anything else right now. I am so glad they are feeling somewhat better. Unfortunately, Mikayla will miss her Thanksgiving Feast at school tomorrow. Wesley missed it last year because of an ear infection. I was so hoping they both would get a chance to be there this year, but it is not to be. We'll have to celebrate hers tomorrow night like we did Wesley's last year.

I am off to grade all the papers I brought home for the weekend. It definitely hasn't been a normal one!!! God is good...He took care of us through it all. For that I am truly thankful. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad Mikayla and Wesley are both doing better!