Saturday, November 04, 2006

11/4/06

Here is a picture of my sillies from Halloween. They were so fun and cute that night. :)

A good day today. I got up late and did a few things that needed to be done but did them at a slower pace. :) Then, I got myself presentable and was able to work on my scrapbooking for a bit. (something that has been SO neglected lately) Then, some friends of ours came over and we went out for a "photo shoot." I took them to a local park and took pictures of their family and then individually. I loved it. If it hadn't of been so chilly I would have probably taken more! ha!! It was a great day to be JUST ME. Sometimes I feel that I lose who I am in my daily responsibilities. It is so easy to do when you are pulled in so many directions.

I was talking with my friends tonight about how the Lord works and moves in our lives. I talked about how my week was a bit stressful at times but how the Lord stepped in and showed me what I needed to see and hear. He purposefully puts people and events in our paths to make us look more to HIM and not try to do it ourselves. I am finding that with raising these precious children I need Him more and more each day to guide me because I can feel so lost. As I was cleaning up the other night and reviewing the week I had had I began to think. (May I just say that vacuuming is a great time to pray and talk to the Lord because you HAVE to tune all other things out because you truly can't hear them! lol) I began to ask the Lord, "WHY can't this be easier? Why are things always so hard?" A still small voice said to me "If everything in life was easy you wouldn't need Me." Oh, how true that is!! When we are weak, HE is strong. When we fail, HE succeeds. When we are at our limit, HE supplies more.

I was also reminded during that cleaning moment that God loves us no matter what. He loves us when we don't obey Him for the fiftieth time. He never gives up on us. He loved me so much He sent His Son to die for me. WOW. The older I get the more I understand. I am so thankful He never gives up on me. Even though this week has been difficult in the parenting world, I can look back and see that the Lord has allowed some pruning in my life to help me depend upon Him. May God get the full glory for the pruning. May God continue to help me with the parenting trials I face. Only He can give us the help we need to raise these children to honor and glorify Him. It isn't easy in this world we live in.

Steve had to work for most of the day and all night again today. We have missed him. He has to work tomorrow, too. The kids fell asleep watching a movie and I just put them to bed. It was priceless seeing them asleep like that. I am thankful for those moments. I guess I'm going to go put myself to bed, too. Steve won't get home until late. I don't know if I can stay awake that long. lol Have a wonderful day. :)

No comments: