Friday, November 10, 2006

11/10/06

This is one of my favorite flower pics from the fair. It is of morning glories. I LOVE morning glories, but most people hate them. I just see a lot of beauty and elegance in them. They were pretty with the barn as the back drop.

Here is my weekly post, it seems. ha! Another busy week but a lot was accomplished.

In honor of Veteran's Day we had a special chapel on Wednesday that was WONDERFUL. I was brought to tears many times during the chapel just thinking about what these men and women have done to preserve our country. So many times we whine and complain when really we should be down on our knees thanking the Lord we are FREE. That freedom definitely came with a price. One of the speakers brought up a good point. Freedom isn't really FREE...it is paid for with a lot of lives. I am so thankful for those lives... those that fought long ago as well as those fighting now. It was a beautiful celebration honoring our Veteran's. I hope we do it every year.

Our weather is doing the typical fall time stuff right now. Very cold one day and hot the next. Today it was near 80 and this past Monday it was only in the 50's. My poor body is feeling it, too. ha!! I now have a cold that I am fighting. It is par for the course this time of year, though. You just deal with it and move on. It was a BEAUTIFUL day today and this weekend it is supposed to be the same. If I am to get out and take fall pictures I had BETTER do it quickly. Those leaves are going to be gone before I can turn around.

You know how I wrote about our fireplace being messed up? Well, we have looked into a wood stove insert. At first we were thinking we were going to have to wait to get one because they "ain't cheap"...but it seems as though the Lord is making a way for us to go ahead and get one. This past weekend when we had such cold, damp weather I was missing our fireplace something awful. I didn't realize how much I would miss it... figured I could do the "mind over matter" thing, but it DID NOT work. lol Still, though, I was content to deal with it unless the Lord showed us another way. I have prayed specifically for the Lord to work it out. We are still waiting to know for sure, but it looks as though we'll be having one for the winter. I am still sad that I won't hear the crackle of my fireplace, but the warmth will be there. We have also learned they are more efficient and we won't go through as much firewood. All I know is that I have left it in the Lord's hands and He will do what He sees fit.

My Daddy just called...we are going on a "secret" mission tomorrow to buy Mom's Christmas gifts. hee heee....I am glad he is doing it now and not December 21. He has done that before and it has been interesting... I was going to scrapbook all day tomorrow, but this will not be that much time. It will be time well spent with my Daddy. :)

The kids got to go home at 1:30 twice this week. They were SO excited. I am so thankful they have those chances. They need a break. Today they came home and finished cleaning the house (I started last night) and did their responsibilities and then they got to play while Steve mowed the grass. (He was off today for Veteran's Day) Apparently, they were down in the barn area where Steve had built a ramp for his lawnmower and log splitter and were pretending that was their house. Steve said they had all the bikes and stuff there. Mikayla told us that it was their house and there had been some robbers there that they had to get rid of. She said they were even in the back yard! To hear her tell the story is quite funny. :) I LOVE hearing their tales of adventure with their imaginations. I miss hearing them as often. School doesn't allow for that type of play as much as we would like.

Tonight we went out to eat (what is new?) and went on an errand. On the way home we listened to one of our favorite Christmas CD's (Patti Loveless Bluegrass, White Snow) and we were all singing together. It was wonderful hearing Wesley and Mikayla's voices with ours. Of course, to other people it may not have been pretty, but for us it was great. Steve said we should go on the road as the "Fowler Family Singers"... I think not. lol BUT...how sweet were those voices with ours. We had a "movie night". The kids watched the movie and Steve and I "passed out" in the recliner and on the couch. We are a wild bunch, you know. At least the kids had fun and got to watch the movie. They are now having a "sleepover" in Mikayla's room. :) Memories...that is what it is all about.

Well, I guess I should try to read my book. Steve has already finished the book before the one I am on and is needing to start this one. Unfortunately for him, I fall asleep too easily and do not get much read ...if any pages at all. I'll try to stay up tonight and read since I have had a nap already. lol Have a good one. Just remember... I may not post as often right now, but that doens't mean my life is boring. hee hee

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think the out-of-focus barn in the background looks amazing! Your depth-of-field is spot on! I'm happy to hear that you may be getting your fireplace in time for winter, I know how much you look forward to cozying up with a good book in front of the fire.

Your post reminds me that it is time to get out the Christmas cd's and start playing them. I just love listening to Christmas music, my favorite cd is Jaci Velasquez, the title is simply Christmas.