Friday, November 17, 2006

11/17/06

We are in a bit of distress around here tonight. Wesley has lost "Mam"..his beloved Lamb he has had since he was three weeks old. I had to take him to the doctor after school today because he was not feeling well and his ears were hurting. He said he remembers throwing "Mam" back into the van when he got out at the doctors but doesn't remember anything else. We had to pick Mikayla up from her play date afterwards and I was so hoping that he had carried it in there and accidentally left it. They have searched their house, too, and haven't found him. I even went back to school to see if we actually left him there instead, but I couldn't find him.

I must say that this is affecting me as badly as Wesley. I want to sit down and cry!! Mam is so much a part of our family and I always said that when they grew out of their "lovies" I would take them and keep them myself. I truly am "sick" about this.

I was so upset that Wesley misplaced him that I haven't brought myself to think about asking the Lord to help us. Total shame on me. My daughter was the one to put me in my place. She ran in to ask me to come see what she typed to God on the computer. I walk in and this is what is in a Word document: "dear god ples hep as to fid mem ples god ples hep as to fid mem htac you" (dear God, please help us to find Mam, please God, please help us to find Mam. Thank you.) First of all...how precious is that...and second of all it made me feel like someone had slapped me for me to be so upset over this and not take it to the Lord.

I truly don't know if we'll find Mam....Steve has now gone back to the doctor's office to see if maybe he fell out of the van and could still be in the parking lot. Mikayla gave Wesley her lamb that is just like his but has pink on its feet instead of blue. That was precious, too. Everyone...just pray that we truly do find Mam...

I have papers to grade but am not in the right frame of mind for it. I'll just go do what my daughter has already done and ask the Lord to guide us. I realize it is only a stuffed animal, but what memories and special moments we have had with Mam. I just didn't want them to be over at age six!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know it must have been horrible to not be able to find Mam, but how sweet of Mikayla to write the note to God. Allyson has "Bunny" and Anika has "Ballerina Girl" and bedtime just doesn't happen for either of them until they have their "luvs". Amy :)