Saturday, November 11, 2006

11/11/06

Today I finally took some pictures of fall leaves. Two of the trees in our front yard were looking very pretty in the morning sun. I still didn't capture what I had hoped, but they didn't turn out terrible. I took a ton of pictures and only selected a few. It is hard to deal with the sun coming through the trees. Here is one of my favorites. You can click on it to see it larger. :)

I did scrapbook today, however, I had "things" that distracted me. One example: wasps. It seems we have wasps entering our house somehow. Between Thursday night and today we have killed about a dozen. They are just flying in our house. Steve seems to think they are coming from the chimney. I can't understand how since we just had it cleaned, but it could be a possibility. There were two that came in this morning. I was brave and killed one of them, but the other one was big and I needed Steve to help me with that one. He made fun of me.... I will be the first to say I don't do critters very well. The insect kind or the small mammal kind. Other distractions were washing clothes, the beauty of the day and wandering outside taking pictures of leaves and going shopping with my Daddy. All in all it was a nice, relaxing day, though. I cherish these kinds of days!!!

My brother's friend bought Cars and The Little Mermaid for Wesley and Mikayla. They came yesterday so my brother brought them down. We are going to watch Cars tonight and Mermaid tomorrow night. The kids are quite excited. It will be fun to curl up together again. I'm off now to get ready for that. Enjoy your evening. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think you did great on the leaves! My problem is that I get silhouettes when shooting something with the sun behind it. How did the kiddos like Little Mermaid and Cars?

I can sympathize on the critter issue...we have two crickets in our house. We got one, but the other likes to "sing" to us all night long!