Monday, July 30, 2012

07/30/12


I took these pics at the NC Arboretum....   love the rain droplets!

CHANGE.

I am not talking about what jingles in your pocket.  :)

I am talking about something that scared me for decades.... moving something or making it newer or different.

I am a creature of habit... most who know me know that I don't change up things very often.

However, in the last couple of years, with the Lord's help, I have come to understand that some change is good.... especially knowing that my God never changes.  (Malachi 3:6 - For I am the Lord, I change not;)

Last week I went to a workshop that dealt with how the classroom is changing... we are having to become more technical and have more ability to move fast because children have changed so much with the technology that is out there.   Children are able to work things at young ages that I would never have experienced at that age. haha!  I have to change the way I teach things, which I have already been doing, but now I have to think of things in different ways.  Children have information at their fingertips with computers and such.... there are some aspects of education that need to be re-thought.

SO.... after 17 years of teaching, I am going to change things up a bit this year.  Nothing drastic, because I still am a believer that most things still need personal guidance, but I am going to expect even more from my students in the day-to-day learning.  :)  I am excited about them being able to take charge of more aspects of finding information and not just regurgitating it for a test but truly grasping it and applying it more-so in their daily lives. 

I HAVE ALSO CHANGED MY DESKS AROUND.  This is HUGE, people.... huge.  The kiddos are now grouped together differently and I will require them to work together as teams for different things. 

I am excited about this change and I truly believe I needed it after feeling so burnt out in the last couple of years from the "same old same old" that I had been doing.

The Lord actually gave me a feel of freedom as I have followed His voice with this.  I look forward to a new year of new beginnings and new things. 

I am looking forward to this new class that will be under my care for another year.  I pray that the Lord will use me in a special way for each one of them.

Here is to change!  :)

1 comment:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Some say change is good, but I'm a creature of habit, too! ha! I have learned to deal with change a lot in the last year, with Ashley going to college and other things. And the Lord has led me through it well! :) So glad that He never changes, the other changes I can now deal with!

Praying that He will use you in a mighty way this year in your classroom! Sounds like it's going to be an exciting year for you and your students! :)