Monday, July 16, 2012

07/16/12

I realize I haven't been as communicative this past week and am not just sitting here doing nothing as it appears this Baboon may be doing.... I have been quite busy.  :) 

 

What a week we had last week!

It was quite strange to have the kids away from us all week.  It was good for Steve and I to have some time to just be "us" again, but we certainly missed the kiddos.

Here are some highlights from the week:

Camp went well for Wes and Mikayla but they were both quite homesick.  

We thought we may stop in at camp to see them mid-week because Sweet Man and I left on Wednesday for a little mountain vacation of our own.  

We were an hour away from the camp so we decided to forgo that.  I am actually glad we did because I think the kids would have had a hard time watching us leave.  Plus, I truly wanted to give them the time to just enjoy camp life.

On mine and Steve's adventure we saw waterfalls, Steve was scared of bears, and we walked in the rain... A LOT. 

I had to get a new phone.   More on that particular story later.

We hiked between 8 and 10 miles on mountain trails Friday.  Whew.... I was thankful I had been doing Zumba because the way I felt at the end of the day of hiking, even after exercising, made me realize I never would have made it if I hadn't. 

I will share pictures of our fun time.

The kids had enough fun getting to and from camp.  Their bus broke down going up and pretty much blew up on the way back.

On our way back from our little mountain retreat we had to do a u-turn when we were almost home so we could go pick up our kiddos who were stranded on the side of the road.

God is good, as He always is, and provided a place for the kids to stay in air conditioning until another bus arrived.  We were just glad to pick up our two and a friend's daughter and get them back home with us.  Let's just say that they definitely made MEMORIES with this trip!  It was the running joke around church yesterday!

By the way, the "tin can" as the kids affectionately, not really, called it will be gone by next year.  We are praying for the Lord to provide a new bus.... one that actually works.

More of our adventures as the week continues.....


No comments: