Thursday, July 26, 2012

07/26/12

When we finished our trip hiking at Dupont State Forest, we were quite hungry.  Our mountain trail mix had been used up for certain!

Our first night in the mountains we went to downtown Brevard and fell in love with the quaintness of the town.  We also ate at a restaurant called Mayberry's.  

It was in a building that still had many of the old originals in it like the floor and ceiling.  It was very casual and just our style.

I ordered the Portabello  Mushroom sandwich with spinach and blue cheese.....and, oh, goodness, was it good!

That was what kept me going on our hike back to truck because we had decided to eat there again on that evening.

Here is proof:


And, yes, I ate ALL of that.  It was scrumptious.

Here is the best shot I could get of the inside of the restaurant from our table.  I didn't want the other guests who were eating to think I was stalking them or something.  Very neat place.. am looking forward to going back the next time we are up "in those parts."

On the way back to the hotel we saw this rainbow.  What a perfect way to end our day knowing that God's promises will always come to pass.  :)

No comments: