Monday, July 23, 2012

07/23/12

 Let's take a trip to the mountains today... specifically the North Carolina Arboretum near Hendersonville and Brevard, NC.  

This place is just beautiful.  It makes our NC State Arborteum look miniscule!!


 It was raining that day, of course, but Steve and I still were able to capture beautiful sights and tour the arboretum.  I loved the fact that there were rain droplets EVERYWHERE!!!

Sweet Man is near one of the structures in the garden area with the mountains in the background.  Unfortunately, it was so cloudy you couldn't really tell!!
 Yours truly by one of the small ponds/fountain areas.
 Sweet Man in the Bonsai garden.
 Who knew Bonsai trees could be so interesting!  I didn't realize they could be pretty much any tree!  There is really no way to tell how old these trees are but some were quite old.
 This is what I feel like after a day of school.  haha
 Cutest trees!
 Yours truly by another waterfall/fountain area.
 Steve looking good in the entrance area.  Just beautiful!  I could so have a blast photographing people here!
 Me, me, me.... from the other side of Steve.
 I had never seen sunflowers this color.  They were really nice.

 Steve and I also went on a hike around the arboretum.

There is a funny story here.... 

As most of you know, if you have read my blog for long, I have issues with anxiety.  However, the Lord has given me the help I need and I am much better now.  I don't live in fear for every step I take.

This adventure hiking was no different.  I was enjoying the hike through the beautiful tree areas of the arboretum.  I enjoyed the heart-pumping, calorie burning moments. 

Steve, on the other hand, was scared to pieces.  You see, we were one of few people who had ventured out to the arboretum on this rainy morning.  Hence, we were pretty much the only ones on the trails for a bit of time.  Steve was convinced that there was a bear lurking around every tree.  

He jumped.  

He walked cautiously.  

He made ME nervous.

He was convinced that a squirrel was really a bear in the trees.

Here I am trying to depend on the Lord and calm myself through His promises and my husband is a wreck!  haha!

We made it safely through, although Steve said he wished he had brought his fire arm.  (yeah, right.)

I am thankful my man wanted to protect me.  I just wish he didn't make me nervous doing so.  :)

Here we are near the end of our hiking at the arboretum.  It truly was a breathtaking place!
 Like my stylish hat and raincoat?  I was digging the raincoat for without it, I would have been beyond soaked our entire visit to the mountains!
More on our adventures tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Great tour, glad you took us along! :) You and Steve look so happy, and that you both enjoyed the trip! Beautiful place! ...and the story of Steve being scared was pretty cute! :)