Tuesday, July 17, 2012

07/17/12

I have been at a workshop for the last two days.  I will talk more about that soon.  :)  It was quite fun.


Today I thought I would share what happened to my lovely cell phone.

I loved my cell phone.  It looked like this:


I loved this phone with my whole heart.  I had it for 2 years.... it was my first texting phone.  It was easy to use and I love the slide out keyboard because my fingers are "fat."

This phone had been dropped, brushed off lovingly, taken on trips and many a text message sent through the airwaves.

Am I being a bit sentimental?  Why, yes.  Of course I am... you should know that about me now.

Last week when Steve and I were in the mountains, I had shared that it rained A LOT... remember?

My precious cell phone was in the pocket of the backpack we were carrying around.  What I didn't realize is that it was not in the very front pocket, but the middle pocket.... where after it rained and Steve got hot in his raincoat he had put his wet rain jacket.

Did I say it was wet?

Yeah, good.

As we finish up our hiking and are quite tired, we get back to the truck and I am ready to check my phone and check in with those I wanted to call.

But her precious screen did not work.  I could hear it come on and go off, but it did not appear.

I had the cutest purple tulips with a green background as my wallpaper.

I had special rings for everyone that needed to be different.

Canon in D was my ringtone for regular callers.

It was a beautiful phone.

Well, that night I decided to put it in rice because I have seen where other people have done that and it fixed the electronic device right up.

It didn't work ... even after I left it overnight.

I told Steve we would have to go to the Verizon store to see if they could fix it because I wanted to be able to get in touch with any info. with the kids coming home from camp.

The guy couldn't fix it.

She had died.... and that made me sad....

Now it was a time of trying to decide what to do and what to get.  I wanted to just get the exact same phone and be done with it, but you know it isn't that easy.....

SO....

After a lot of talking and working through pricing and figuring out what would work best, we decided to bite the bullet and I got:

My first Smart Phone.....
  

I LOVE THIS PHONE.

I didn't realize how much fun these phones really are.

Or, maybe I did and didn't want to get hooked.

Unfortunately, now I am hooked.  :)

The selling point was the slide out keyboard. You know how I mentioned above that I loved my old one.

I found some free Apps and have downloaded them.  Goodness.

I have a lot to learn, but I think I will have fun while doing so.

I now have downloaded extra wallpapers that look like photographs I would take... LOVE THEM.

I downloaded extra ringtones so I could have my Canon in D again.. and that is my ringtone for my Sweet Man since we love that song from our wedding.  :)

So... if you know my number, call me or text me.  I love playing with that phone!

No comments: