Tuesday, June 26, 2012

06/26/12

 Here is the Southern Leopard Frog that Wesley caught last week.  I was in the middle of doing my Bible study and he wanted me to take pictures of it.... because it was so cute.  Now, I am all about photographing something, but I was in the middle of my Bible study.... and it was later at night..... 

BUT... I knew that frog would not last overnight and I also knew he may never find one again around our house because this little guy was actually farther away from his normal home.

Hope you like the pics... I have ordered copies of them for Wes for his room, but he doesn't know that yet. 

Speaking of frogs... we now have another pet.

I found out a week or so ago when purchasing crickets for Rosco that tree frogs do well with other tree frogs.  SO... we began to think about getting another one for Wes.  

The first store didn't have any in at the time Wesley and I stopped in there.  BUT... I was near another pet store last Saturday and they had one.  I got it for him.

I wish I could have captured his face when I brought it in and surprised him.  He was so excited. 

The only way to know whether it was a boy or girl was whether it would "bark"... or whatever it is that they do.  We just figured it was a boy.

At first, this guy was named Hubert.  

Come Sunday, Wesley revealed what we had wondered... he thought it was a girl.  There had been no barking, croaking or just overall sound coming from this frog.

We had to think of another name.

There was Lily, Claire (all from Mikayla), Roxanne (Wes' fave for a while), Earline, Jumpy, and countless others, but this one stood out to Wes and so....

He named her Lulu

How cute is that? 

So now we have Rosco and Lulu inhabiting Wesley's domain.  We bought more crickets today... thankful that they only cost $.10 a piece because we have more to feed!

I found out the other day that anoles live very well with green tree frogs.... who knows what may come to live with us next....

2 comments:

wendy said...

Roscoe and LuLu - has he been watching old episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard? :) You are the only person I know in real life that can take pictures of frogs and make them look like they belong in National Geographic.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Outstanding pictures of the frog! Bet they will look great in Wesley's room! :) Ashley and David had aquatic frogs. They're pretty neat to watch!