Thursday, June 07, 2012

06/07/12

The flowers for the wedding were just beyond gorgeous.  The one I placed in my last post was from the chairs for the family.  This is the way the staging was decorated.  I loved, loved, loved the candles.  They were so romantic and gave off a warm glow.

Scars.

Most people have them.

I have a few left from my growing up years of skinned knees and things.

In my adult life I became the proud owner of scars after my gallbladder and appendix decided to quit working 3 years apart.

Those scars are a reminder of what used to hurt, but now does not.  But they are still there.

We all have personal scars as well.  They are scars that can't be seen on our skin like mine, but they are inside and some are very deep.  The scar tissue has developed around some of them and caused them to become hardened. 

In our journey of life, we all will face times that we feel our heart is being ripped out, our soul is crushed and our life has no purpose.  Through it all, we must cling to the One Who bore the greatest scars of all for us.  Because of His stripes, His scars, we are healed.

I look back on my life and see the horrible times that I didn't think I would ever survive.  I still see the scar, but I also see the healing that came after the pain.  The scar remains, but what is in its place is a renewal, new growth, and a remembrance of what the Lord brought me through.

For that, I feel that my scars are beautiful and I am thankful for them every day.

I was reminded of this when I read this verse the other day in our Sunday School study:

Hosea 6;1
Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

I also love the NASB version of this verse:

Come, let us return to the Lord.
For He has torn us, but He will heal us;
He has wounded us, but He will bandage us.


He knows because He suffered more than we ever could and His scars will forever be visible for what He did for us.



I love this song from Steven Curtis Chapman.  It sums up all I have been thinking with this.


1 comment:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

The wedding staging is beautiful!!!

And Thanks for this post about the scars! Very well said! I needed this today! :)