Monday, June 25, 2012

06/25/12

Yeah, yeah... I took a bit of a blogging vacation.

I needed it.

To be honest, this past year was quite stressful in many ways and I have needed time to "find me" again.  I have had much to share, but the words just would not come easily.  I have what you call "burnout."  The only way I know to re-charge has been to be in God's Word, rest, enjoy my kids and just be.

So, what HAVE I been up to lately?

Doing my Bible study.
Let me just say that I am LOVING my Believing God Bible study by Beth Moore.  I am gaining much from it.  I can't wait to share some of the things the Lord has been teaching me.

Turned 41.
Yes, last week was my birthday.  I am moving on in my 40's.  With what the Lord is teaching me, I am glad I have arrived.  :)

Exercising.
My walking was great, but I was finding I was not burning a lot of calories.  I decided to begin doing Just Dance 2 on the Wii.  Let's just say that my body was having an adjustment period to the sweating that was a happenin' around here.  haha!  With some of my birthday money I bought Zumba 2 for the Wii.  I am not the most coordinated individual, but I am not terrible.  I will say, however, that doing these fitness routines in the comfort of my own home is much less embarrassing.  Wesley and Mikayla even cheer me on.  :)

Wedding Pictures.
I am still in the middle of them, but I am near the end of them.. I think.  That is what I get for taking so many!  :)

Taking pictures.
I have taken a few family and group pictures as of late.  Looking forward to some Senior portraits hopefully soon.  

Loving being home.
I am a homebody - I will be the first to admit.  I do not need to have entertainment elsewhere at all times to make me happy.  I enjoy a slower pace and knowing I don't HAVE to always be somewhere. 

Taking Wes to Cross Country practice.
Wesley is in the training mode for Cross Country this fall.  A friend of ours has taken him under her wing and is doing extra practice with him, too, to build up endurance.  I appreciate this immensely as this is not my gift!  He can run 3 miles in 26 minutes.  He has off and on days, but overall he is doing excellent.

Taking Mikayla to piano.
Mikayla is now into her third year of piano and has been moved up to the Intermediate Level.  She really loves it and I really love hearing her play.  I bought her a Metronome because timing is her worst enemy.  She loves that thing.

Sleeping in.
I truly did not want to do this often.  Why, you ask?  Well, I just don't want to be lazy.  I am finding that after the year I have had I have needed it more.  I seriously still try to get up by 6-6:30 most days, but some days (like today) it was almost 10:00 before I rolled out of bed.  I am trying to listen to my body.

Cleaning.
A small amount.  I am cleaning out certain parts of the house but not all at once.  It is amazing how I can clean something out and in the next day it is back crazy looking again.  We'll get there...

Teaching Wesley and Mikayla more responsibilities.
They are having to do more things and have risen to the challenge.  I am proud of both of them for what they are learning to do on their own without being told.  Mikayla does love to organize and clean out.  She is the total opposite of this sentimental "maybe I should keep that" Momma of hers... :)

Letting Molly in the house....
Shhhh... don't tell Steve.  I can't believe that this total cat-loving person of myself is actually letting the dog in the house for a time.  She doesn't get to come in every day but if it is really hot or if there is a storm, we let her in.  Sometimes Steve knows... and sometimes he doesn't.  When she looks at me with those eyes I just can't resist.  Of course, when she starts chewing up everything in sight in the house... well, it is time for her to go back out.  haha!

Drinking lots of water.
Yes, yes, yes.  I am trying to make sure I am drinking it constantly.  I love those cups that are plastic with the straw... you know the ones that look like a cup from McDonald's or something?  I keep those things full of water at all times.  I love the fact that I just sip away.

Reading.
I am enjoying the Bailey Flanigan Series by Karen Kingsbury right now.  I didn't want to stop reading it last night but knew I needed to do so... Hmm... I wonder if THAT is why I had a harder time getting up this morning?  haha!  I love, love, love being able to read more than one sentence and then falling asleep like I do in the school year.

Working on Powerpoints.
Oh goodness... yes, I am still doing those.  I am in North America now.  I still have South America and Africa to finish.  It is good times, though, with my brother.  Nothing like factual information to bring two people together into laughable moments.

Well... there you have it.  I think that is a run down of the latest here.  I will hopefully get back on schedule with sharing my thoughts of what the Lord is teaching me.

Unless a nap is required.

No comments: