Friday, May 11, 2012

05/11/12

 

Here is a funny moment I had in teaching today:

I was reading the biography of John Deere while the kids had "doodle time" and I read a sentence that stated John Deere's second blacksmith shop burned to the ground.  One of my children cheered when this happened.  I looked at her with a puzzled expression and said "______, why did you cheer when the man's shop burned down?"  She stated, "Because my dad works for Caterpillar!"  

I am still laughing at that one!

This week has been Teacher Appreciation Week.

I have been showered with lots of chocolates, purple and green things, and sweet notes and flowers from the students.

One child gave me a homemade note this afternoon and this is what it said:

1.  Thank you for teaching us.

2.  Thank you for loving us.

3.  Thank you for being nice to us.

$.  Thank you for teaching us about GOD. (Another student saw this and said "THIS is what I love the most, Mrs. Fowler!"  I must admit that did my heart the most good!)

5.  Thank you for giving us a word search.  (This is a gift I gave them for Valentine's Day.)

6.  Thank you for everything.

And then a majority of the class signed it... some were gone or she ran out of time trying to get signatures before we went outside.

It was precious to me.

It meant a lot and I will always keep it.

Some days as a teacher you never know if you are getting through.

It is nice to see that some of what I am teaching really is making a difference.

No comments: