Tuesday, May 01, 2012

05/01/12

 

This past week my two kiddos have had some moments of hurt.

Mikayla worked so hard on her poem.  It was a long poem to memorize.  She gave her best at Fine Arts and we were proud of her.

But she didn't place.

That hurt.

Wesley loves his pet frog, Rosco.  He tried so hard to care for him.  He went in to check on him Saturday night.

Rosco had died.

That hurt.

Both of these moments produced tears in their eyes.  One was sobbing.

My Momma's Heart was hurting, too. 

There was really nothing I could say to fully comfort either one of them.

All I could do was hold them.  

All I could do was say "I understand."

As parents, many times we want to take away any hurts because we do not want to see our children suffer through something.

Suffering and heartache are a part of life and we learn much from those times.  They are our "valleys."  

The most important thing to learn is that we can get through it with Christ.  We have to teach that to our children.

Our children have to learn how to fail in order to succeed.

Our children need to experience loss to create a higher respect and love for what they have.

These are hard things to watch as a parent, but thankfully we know our Heavenly Father experienced the same thing with His Son. 

Does it still hurt for my two?  

Yes. 

Thankfully, Mikayla is just learning to keep going and that what mattered is she did her best for the Lord.

Wesley was able to get a new "Rosco" and is so thankful for him.  I think he will view him through more loving eyes, too.

So thankful that through it all, as I held my babies with their hurt, God is holding us and we will never fall out of His hands.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

thanks for sharing, Kellie, i needed to read this today. I love you and the example you provide of being such a godly mom... (and friend).