Saturday, October 30, 2010

10/30/10

It is not terribly cold here today but much cooler than it has been this past week. We've felt like summer around here.. humidity and all.

Since it was cooler today, my sweet Steve asked me this morning if I wanted him to start a fire in the woodstove. Cautiously I thought about this because I knew it wasn't going to be terribly cool, just refreshing. However, because he knows my heart and love for a fire, he decided he was going to fix one for me.

It hasn't been a hot fire, the fan is not on providing warmth throughout the house, but there are the smells and looks of fall in the air and I have missed them.

Now I'll move on to the rest of my post:

A last look at Jordan Pond in Maine. It surely was a beautiful place.... wonder what it is like right now. I am sure beautiful will the fall foliage.

Steve took a rest on a rock....

So did the kids... this is when we stopped almost halfway around the pond and ate some lunch.


Just beautiful...

"Climb Every Mountain......"

Bubble Mountains... twin mountains in between the lake and the pond. These were carved out by glaciers.

What a great view!

My sweet family. :)

3 comments:

wendy said...

I thought about turning the fireplace on the other night, but I resisted the temptation. I have enough trouble giving in to turning on the heater. Great pictures. It looks a lot like Lake Wanatchee where we went camping this summer.

Sandy said...

Especially love the last photo of the whole family with the mountains in the background!

Gretchen said...

Trying to not be jealous of the fire!