Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25/10

Last week, one of my students brought me a piece of wood that had been cut by a beaver. I was so excited to see it and asked him if he could go over the river and through the woods again to get me one for the classroom. He said I could have the one he brought in.

I was giddy with excitement!

I am going to have Steve put some "varnish" on it and preserve that puppy, er.... beaver cutting.

It made me realize I never have shown the pics of the beaver lodges we found in Maine. It was AWESOME to see one so large and "up close."

Have I mentioned lately how much I loved Maine? Just checking.

This was a "small one" on the side of the pond.

Evidence a beaver has been near!


More evidence... I loved this one because of the sap coming out of the tree when he had chewed it down. Wonder if it tasted a bit like maple syrup? lol
More evidence
The "Biltmore" of beaver lodges....

That was one big lodge....

The view around that lodge wasn't so bad, either.....

No comments: