Wednesday, October 06, 2010

10/06/10

Here are some thumb tacks... but they are not just any boring thumb tack.... they are quite cute in all of their colors.
We have them on our mini bulletin board by the phone.... that is supposed to solve my problem of needing sticky notes all over my cabinet doors, but it doesn't always work that way. I am an extremely visual learner/"rememberer" so I must have it in front of me to get it done and remembered.

Unfortunately, that causes me to have some areas of "mess" on the counters, on my desk, etc... For someone so OCD over some things I am not so hot in this area. LOL

Last week we went to our Teacher's Convention in Myrtle Beach. It was probably the best one I have ever been to in all of my fifteen years of going.

One of the pastors spoke on Psalm 119:9-15 and this post on "remembering" was perfect to remember what he said!

He talked about how we can know God and what He wants for us by looking in His Word. Here are his "R's" of remembrance using that passage of Scripture:

1. Realize who said it - vs. 11-12
2. Repeat it - vs. 13
3. Rejoice in it - vs. 14
4. Reflect upon it - vs. 15
5. Respect the Word of God - vs. 15
6. Relish it - vs. 16
7. Remember it - vs. 16

I really enjoyed the part where he said to reflect upon God's Word. How many times have I read a passage of Scripture and when I walked away from it I couldn't really remember what I had read??? Our brains are so "busy" now with so many things we are trying to remember that we forget to reflect on God's Word! He began to have us think on different attributes of God and in so doing we began to meditate on Him. It was quite enjoyable and so worth it.

I challenge you today to read a couple of verses and "chew" on them completely so that you can get all you can from His Word. You will not regret the time spent reflecting because it will only help you remember it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful lake, I can see Me and Steve on the bank with our fishing pole. I hope you all had a good trip. Love! Love!

Sandy said...

Love these cute little tacks! But like you, I'd probably still need other reminders (& I'd wonder where I put those cute little tacks...)
I love your new fall picture at the top of your blog!