Sunday, October 17, 2010

10/17/10..... again

Drum roll please.....

Yes, I am now announcing the winnings of the fair.

Some people have been checking my blog repeatedly today it seems so I decided to go ahead and do a dual post for today. hee hee

Our first stop was to the Expo building to see Wesley win SECOND PLACE on his honey muffins! He has never won anything on them in the other baking department so we were THRILLED for him here! He was up against people of all ages, too, not just his age.


One proud little guy!

Next we headed over to the horticulture area to check on Steve's squash and Kevin's bazillion pepper, okra, etc.... entries.

My sweet Steve didn't win anything on his squash, but he learned a little bit more of what they are looking for. (Of course, when you garden, nothing is a perfect science!)

Kevin got third on his habaneros

Fourth on his serranos

Fifth on his.... oh, goodness.... forgot the name but they are really good peppers! (He'll correct me, I know it)

Kevin also got sixth place and eighth place on other things that for right now have slipped my mind. I was too busy looking all over the place for his entries!!!

Then we walked over to the Exhibit Halls to check on our jams/conserves/preserves/baking....

Wesley won FIRST on his peach jam!!!

Mikayla won FIRST for her cherry jam!!!

Mama was proud of her babies!!!!

Kevin won four first place ribbons... these were his spicy apple rings. We were searching for all of our stuff and I never did get pictures of all of his!

My cherry conserve won first... :)

My Applesauce Nut Bread won third.... which made me tickled because I have never placed in my breads before. :)

My photograph did as I expected... nothing, but it was surely fun to see it hanging among the other entries!!!

My scrapbook page won first! I was actually kind of shocked because I haven't been able to do a lot of scrapping lately. :) It was of when we got Sampson and Isabelle as kittens. Can't believe how much they've changed but I know it was their cuteness that helped me win. lol

Mikayla also won Honorable Mention for her layer cake and Dark Chocolate Brownies.

None of my other things placed, which was OK. :) Wesley's peanut brittle didn't place either. We're going to see if they leave comments and see how we can improve for next year! I am already trying to figure out what we will do next year. :)

We had an awesome day at the fair. Can't wait to show more pics as the week goes on.... and can't wait to go back next Saturday!!

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
I KNEW that cherry conserve would win! It's one of the BEST things I've ever put in my mouth.

SO happy for ALL of you!

Sandy said...

Congratulations to all of you! How awesome! Anytime you need me to taste test any of your "goods" I'll be glad to oblige...
Really, I'm so happy for all of you & what a neat thing to share w/your kiddos!

wendy said...

How cool is that? Way to go Fowler family :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of all of you!!
Ya-Hoo!! Love! Love!

Tricia said...

Way to go! So proud of you all!

mc said...

Yeah!!!!! So proud of everyone-esp. Wesley and Mikayla!!!! And YOU! WOW! Can't wait to go to the fair and see all the ribbons. And..... thanks for updating us, it was getting hard to wait!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to all the winners! You'll have to let me know what the winning photograph was. We are not going out this year.