Friday, October 08, 2010

10/08/10

Do you remember when the keys looked like this and it was called "Typing Class" not "Keyboarding?"


Do you remember having to push this lever to get your words to type on the next line?
Do you remember having to feed paper into the roller and roll it in... only to find that it was crooked and you had to start over?

I didn't even realize there was a back space on it!

I remember this type of typewriter well. I remember using one in typing class.

We used to love our electric typewriters... the precious few we had in class. We would run into class hoping to get one.

There were days I lost and ended up with this:

My fingers would hurt when they were caught in the middle of keys.

I didn't type as fast on them.

Do you remember when you made a mistake having to rip out the whole sheet and start again or just try to use the white out strip and get it exactly right over the wrong letter?

How many of you hit the wrong letter when trying to white out the wrong letter?

Yeah, that stunk.

I must say, computers are annoying some days, but they are so much more fun and interesting to type on than the old typewriters.

Although, I do think all kids should learn to type on one of the manual typewriters so that they can appreciate a keyboard even more! :)

2 comments:

mc said...

Well, THAT took me back a few years! Great pics!

Gretchen said...

Ah... Mr. Keefer. I remember those typewriters!

(Love the new header, by the way)