Sunday, December 20, 2009

12/20/09


Our getaway was just wonderful. It may have been rainy and quite cold, but we were alone and together and that was what mattered. I am so thankful for the gift of my sweet Steve. God has richly blessed me and for that I am forever grateful. We visited many historic sites and braced the cold together. More pics of that will come later.

Since we just got back home I'm going to share this that my Mother-in-Law sent to me through email. I thought it was so fitting for many reasons. Enjoy! :)

I Corinthians 13

A CHRISTMAS VERSION

By an unknown author

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love, I’m just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love, I’m just another cook. If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love, it profits me nothing. If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir’s cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.
Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love doesn’t envy another’s home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens. Love doesn’t yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way. Love doesn’t give only to those who are able to give in return but rejoices in giving to those who can’t. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.

Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust, but giving the gift of love will endure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you both had a pleasant week end, Steve is a blessing & has been since He was born. I happen to know that He thinks God blessed Him also with Kellie.

We Love you Both!!

Sandy M. said...

I just read this & the timing was so perfect... I was beginning to feel "useless" not being able to do all the things this year that I usually do, looking around at all the mess, wishing I could be popping something yummy in the oven. Then I thought back on the last few days when I got to spend time with BOTH of my children & all 3 grandkids, watching the sheer joy of experiencing Colonial Williamsburg & then the exotic beauty of millions of lights at Christmas Town (aka: Busch Gardens). And that didn't even add any calories! Thanks for the reminder.