Thursday, December 17, 2009

12/17/09

A nutcracker and Mikayla's fairy ornaments today.
My brain is tired. lol I hit my wall today and the past weeks of hurrying and scurrying with the play finally caught up with me. I was not very functional at school for my poor students. I am sure they felt the same....

Here is the ending of our play yesterday. (The "traditional" Christmas ornaments were making fun of and saying the souvenir ornaments weren't important. They soon found out that Christmas wasn't about THEM, it was about Jesus, and why He came.) I love this ending and think it sums up Christmas perfectly.


It seems we all get like these ornaments sometimes. We get caught up in who is the “best” or who does the most for the Lord when all He wants is for us to know Him, love Him and worship Him. Without Jesus there would be no Christmas. Without His birth at Christmas there would be no cross where He died for our sins. Without the cross there would be no way for eternal life in Heaven. He is our fairest Lord Jesus! Let us adore Him!

1 comment:

wendy said...

So I guess this means that I'll hit my wall tomorrow since our program is done now??? Do you write these every year for your students? This one sounds like a really neat idea.