Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12/16/09

I went to my friends Morgan and Sal's today and took some pictures of their nutcrackers. Oh, the joy of photographing something creatively..... Here are some of Morgan's sparkly ones. I just love things that sparkle!! You'll be seeing more pics of the nutcrackers in the next few posts... I took a few. lol

Whew....
The play is OVER. The Lord be praised because it went off SO well today and even when the kids messed up they moved right along as if nothing happened. I was so proud of all of them.

Here are a a few pics of the scenery I took so I would remember the next time we did this play. It is an attic scene and the kids were ornaments coming out of boxes. The play is called "Christmas Hang-ups" and it was adorable. I was quite tickled with the scenery. Parents lent us things out of their actual attics and one of my parents in my class took my "vision" of the large boxes the kids had to come out of and made the large ones! I painted the words on the side and then we "scuffed" them up to make them look older. We even added a touch of cobwebs and spiders! ha!!! I wish I had had time to take pics during the play, but I was busy enough directing.... LOL!



Wesley gave me a few chuckle and thoughtful moments today that I thought I would share.

This morning we were on our way to school and Wesley says what I THOUGHT was "I want to play in the band." I began thinking to myself, "Well, OK, he'll be able to do that next year and I am sure he would do fine.... wonder what instrument he wants to play...." I then said something about what I was thinking and he said "Mom. I said "WE NEED TO CLEAN OUT THE VAN!" Apparently his mother needs to clean out her ears. HAHA!!! (and they did clean out that van this afternoon...)

I took the kids out to lunch today and as we were eating Wesley out of the blue says "If we were to look inside ourselves, is it dark?" Now, I realize I know the answer to that, but do you think I have ever PONDERED that question? That would be "NO."

After we ate and were just sitting there being together before we had to leave, Wesley came to sit next to me. He turns to me and says "Those people over there prayed before they ate! I don't see that often!" (That is quite sad....)

Then, he begins to do strange faces in the mirror that was right next to us in the restaurant. I told him the people in the restaurant could see him in that mirror even though his back was turned to them. He said "OH! I was just trying to flare my nose...."

Mikayla didn't have as much to say today... she is fighting off a cold. BUT, when we were sitting in the restaurant a couple came in with their arms around each other. Mikayla rolls her eyes and says "Well, two love birds just came in!" She cracks me up....

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Don't you just love the things kids think of to say?!

Morgan said...

I love the nutcrackers!!!! Thank you for taking such lovely pictures, of not only us, but of them! I can't wait for the next round.