Sunday, December 13, 2009

12/13/09

We've been busy baking and such this weekend.

Here are pics of the kids making their gingerbread houses at school this week. It was so much fun to watch and see how creative they could be with icing, graham crackers and candy.

Wesley said he didn't want to wear his glasses while making this because he was afraid he would get icing on them! ha!


He was one of the last finished... not surprising with how detailed he is.

Mikayla putting her frosting "cement" on the carton as the base.

All done! :)

Mikayla's up close. The candy cane with the two pieces of gum were her flag by her house. I thought that was so cute!

You can see the "flag" better in this shot.


Her cute little marshmallow chimney


The back of her house

I loved her entryway.... she did a great job designing that!

Wesley's up close.... notice his front porch. :) Wonder why he only used green starlight mints??? Could it be "John Deere Green" there?

The side of his house with his candy cane railings.

The green gumdrop on the back of his house was the Christmas wreath!

He broke pieces of candy canes up to make "firewood."

Close up view of his front porch...
This is the back of his house a little closer.... had to show this chimney. He asked me why I thought he had put the red coming out of the chimney.... I, of course, didn't really know why.... he said "Because I burn candy cane logs!!" Now that was pretty good thinking, in my book!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Wesley and Makayla that I have never seen two more beautiful and yummy gingerbread houses. Good Job ! both of you!!
Love You

Sandy said...

SO very cute!!!

kathryn said...

LOVED the candy cane flag and LOVED the candy cane logs for the fire!!! ( I want decorations like that at my house!!!) YUM!

Merry Christmas!