Thursday, March 27, 2008

03/27/08

Isn't this peach tree beautiful? It was planted, I think, by our former youth pastor YEARS ago when he and his wife lived on a small piece of our farmland. Now that land belongs to someone else but that tree was just beautiful this year. I believe because the Lord has sent us rain at this crucial time when everything is blooming that we are seeing a prettier spring. The Lord never fails!

Today I finished getting caught up in the scrapbooks. Tomorrow I will clean up the dining room area where I have made a royal mess and start journaling like a mad woman! I feel like I accomplished much this week, though. Another "check" in my box. :)

We are going to do some serious cleaning of this house tomorrow morning. It is not as bad as I have seen it before, but let's just say we want it sparkling before I have to go back to... well, we just won't talk about that right now, will we????

This afternoon we went over to the parent's house of one of my student's parents. OK... did that make any sense? The parent and I were actually in school together at WCA, she was a year under me, and now I teach her daughter! Her parents have miniature horses and I figured Mikayla would love getting to see them. I didn't tell them exactly where we were going at the first part of the day, but when they found out they were excited.

Wesley loved them, but not like Mikayla. lol When Wesley got in the fenced area with them he was a bit skiddish with them, which I understand, but I told him a farmer has to get used to animals. He said "But, these aren't cows!!" LOL I reminded him that a farmer deals with ALL kinds of animals. :) Can you tell by his picture that he is feeling a bit "clueless" around them. That cracked me up!

Mikayla was in love with these horses. I LOVE that photo of her and the horse. (There were actually three horses but the mother was not one to hang around with her two daughters. She enjoyed having moments all by herself. lol) They had not been "broken" to ride so we just had to enjoy them as they were. It was fun to be around them. They are really sweet horses. I tried to take some interesting shots of them and I have included a few. I am still working with moving animals, though. They are not my strong point. The one where the horse looks like she is looking down her nose at my camera is one I had to just take my camera and hope for the best. I love shots like that, but they kept sniffing and butting me so I had to do a little "freestyle" photography. lol I thought it turned out great, though, for what I was wanting.

All in all it was a wonderful afternoon. The kids played with my student and her sister and ate I don't know how many cookies that the grandmother kept putting in the oven for them. I enjoyed watching them have fun, though. It was also nice to have a different sort of afternoon.

Tomorrow I am planning an adventure for the kids and I, but I won't tell what it is. You'll have to wait and see on tomorrow's post. :)

Tonight Steve had to work late (and as of 11:00 he is still not home!). I had to ask Mom to watch the kids because my brother and I had a play to attend. We found out the play was, well, it was OK... it was "The Wedding Singer"... it is definitely not a play I would care to see again, though. It seems Broadway is not turning out awesome plays like we have seen in the past. That is a shame that they are going so strongly the way of the world, but what isn't these days? It just makes me want to guard my heart, eyes and ears even more so.

Have a blessed evening... what seems to be left of it! I am going to go read and wait up for Steve with a cat beside me. lol

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a gorgeous tree, I've never seen one like that! And the shot of Mikayla with the horse is beautiful, I think you should blow it up and frame it for her wall. Sounds like you're thoroughly enjoying your break, can't wait to see what you have planned for tomorrow!

Gretchen said...

You've spiked my curiosity ... do I know the owner of these horses?

I agree that the picture of Mikayla is precious!!!
I've been trying to capture that very pose with my own little horse rider for a year without success.
It would be beautiful in black and white blown up.
A timeless treasure!