Friday, March 21, 2008

03/21/08

No picture today.... should have had my camera, though, because I could have taken plenty. :)

First official day of break and the kids and I enjoyed it with my Daddy... ALL day. It started out that we went to Siler City again to the stockyards. He had to take some cows to the sale so we went along. We had to wait a while because Friday is their busiest day but it was great for the kids to experience yet another thing I did as a child. We then went inside for a cheeseburger. MMMM... still stinking good.

We left there and went with him around EVERYWHERE picking up horses. We went to Chatham, Granville, Franklin, Wake (of course), Harnett, Lee and Cumberland counties (in NC for those reading from not around here...) We were with him on the road, basically, for twelve hours. It is now after 10:00 pm and we have just gotten home good.

It was awesome to see areas I have never visited before. It was neat to see land that has not been sold and turned into a parking lot or a mall... it is just forest or land. It brought back memories of what it used to be like here. Then, it was just wonderful to talk to my Daddy. He is so busy and we don't get to chat much with my life being crazy, too. We talked about things happening now and things in the past. He showed me places he has taken horses before or places he has been for various things. It was neat to follow his paths today.

Wesley and Mikayla had a blast as well. Mikayla LOVED the horses and couldn't get enough of them. Wesley was quite excited over all of the tractors he saw and also got a chance to help Daddy water a couple of the horses at the Vet clinic when he had to stop back by there to clean out his trailer for the horses. He was SO excited to help and kept saying that it was kind of like being a farmer. Well, yes, but there is a lot more to being a farmer. lol

Today Daddy asked them where they wanted to go to college. Mikayla wants to go to Meredith College from where I graduated and Wesley said "John Deere College"... we laughed at that one.
It was wonderful and a great memory made today. I hope you were able to make a memory as well....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, sounds like you all had a GREAT day! I love hanging out with my dad too.