Tuesday, March 25, 2008

03/25/08

We had frost last night. Steve was concerned about it frosting and was bummed when he saw it. He thought it was pretty heavy, but I don't think it was.

I decided to venture out this morning and try to get some pictures of frost on things. I actually didn't have as much success! I did manage to get these pictures of weeds with frost on them. lol You can click on the pics to view the ice hanging on the leaves a bit bigger. I played around with my aperature again on these so that is why the last two are basically the same picture but more is in focus in one of them. Since I am in the middle of teaching weather to my students this was quite exciting for me to see frost more up close. lol Sad, I know....

I ventured around the yard for about thirty minutes. It was actually quite cold!! I must say, my body is telling me it is ready for a bit warmer weather. I love ALL seasons and appreciate them when they come. I do not like to speed through them or wish for the next one, but I know these changes are when I find myself excited about the next "chapter" of our climate.

I took more photos of things... even captured a small fly, but it isn't that great because there was enough of a breeze to move everything, but I'll show it later. :)

The kids played outside ALL day long. They were so happy and loved every minute of it. It was so much fun watching them through the windows and such. I cherish the moments like that. They said they found an earthworm and they brought in a caterpillar for me to see. They ate lunch inside their little play house area on their swingset and pretended and used their imagination ALL day. They were also quite filthy when they came in!! It was straight to the bathtub for them. lol

I was thinking today about how I could have been cleaning out closets or getting this house spotless, but then I knew that wasn't what my break was for... lol I began to look around this office and the kids rooms and see old drawings and things the kids made in Kindergarten. They are taped to our doors in the office here and some are on the kiddos closet doors, too. It made me stop and think about our life and home. I know it isn't perfect and everything isn't always in its place but those little reminders mean a great deal more than everything perfect. I just can't live my life like that, it seems. One day, all of those things will be gone and the kids will be grown before I can blink. I guess some of what I was doing today with pictures caused me to see how fast the kids have grown and in no time at all they will be gone. I will miss all of the "stuff" and wish for it back.

I haven't worn make up or done much to my hair in two days. It has actually been glorious. (ha!!) If you saw what I looked like at the moment you would understand why my husband HAS to love me. Bless his heart to what greeted him when he came home today.... lol

I scrapbooked a majority of the day and it was GREAT! I still have a ways to go but I am finished with 2007 in our family book and am working on 2008. The kids books still have work in them from their school stuff and all but that won't take too long. I still have BUNCHES of journaling to do, but that will come as well.

I finished the book I have been reading last night (called The Sixth Covenant by Brock and Bode Thoene) and it caused me more tears. It seems I have had lots of those lately. These books have been so awesome. I am beginning the seventh one tonight but they all deal with the life of Christ on earth. The last two or three have dealt with Jesus' coming birth, then the actual birth with the angels proclaiming His birth to the shepherds and the events right after with the Wise Men coming to worship Him. Last night, the book ended with Herod sending out the decree that all boy babies two and under were to be killed so he could "get rid" of the "King of the Jews." Little did he know that he killed all those innocent babies for nothing. He didn't care, though. God protected His Son and led Him away to Egypt.

Last night's reading broke the Mother's Heart in me. I can only imagine the heartache those mother's felt as their babies were ripped from their arms and murdered right in front of them. I kept wondering how I would have reacted or what I would have done if I had been in that situation. Again, it makes me realize how blessed I am.

I cooked supper again tonight. Steve told me earlier today that he is liking me staying home! lol We enjoyed a great supper and it felt good to provide that for my family.

If only that were reality every day... Some days I really do wonder what it would be like just to be a "Stay at home Mom." I know life would still be busy, but I know my stress level would decrease tremendously!! I might as well stop dwelling on it, though, because the Lord has me where He wants me and I need to be content.

Off to read to the kiddos. They want a "sleepover" tonight in one of their bedrooms with sleeping bags. I think they will get it. :)

Make a memory and have a blessed evening....

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

We almost had frost too. It got down to 55 degrees. ;-)

Glad you seem to be having a nice week off.

Morgan said...

Sal wants me to 'stay at home', too. Then reality hits that I'll literally be home all day with HIM and he changes his mind! ; ) lol....

"Picking your battles"--that's what I call letting Cassies' room stay the way she keeps it. Is it horrid? No. Is it neat? No. But in the grand scheme of things--does it matter? No. Sal and I go toe-to-toe on this alot. He likes things 'just-so' and she's just not a 'just-so' kid! Ahhhhh--that drama has just started!

Amy said...

Cool shots of the frost, I like the 'hair' of the weeds! :) Sounds like you're having a fabulous week off!!!