Sunday, February 24, 2008

02/24/08

These pictures are of the cello and bass. These aren't my favorites, not because I don't like the instruments but because I didn't get some focus I had wanted. I must have had more camera shake than I thought on the first one. I liked the lines, though, and the colors the makers of the instruments used to tell the strings apart.

Today we went to church. It was a good Sunday School and Message during preaching. I wanted to share Psalm 8 as that is what we studied in Sunday School. These are verses that show how awesome our God is and that He made us and put us in charge of His great Creation. Another example of how God cares for little old me.








Psalm 8

O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou or
dained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider thy heavens and the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou has put all things under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!


I love that last verse of the psalm. God gives me everything I own. It continued to put my flash buying yesterday into more perspective. I know He'll work it out whenever He sees it is necessary for me to get that other lens.

On another note... Pastor was talking about today how a family had to "let go" of their 7 year old son who had a brain tumor and after struggling with the Lord over it, give him back to the Lord. I tried to put myself in their shoes. Boy, that would be so hard. It made me thankful for the two silly kiddos we have and how healthy they are. It is so easy for us to take things for granted with our children. Especially when they have moments where they "get on your nerves." I am sure God feels that way about me on days He keeps telling me something and I don't listen.

Well, just wanted to share my thoughts today. I may not have gotten my point across quite well, but what I learned today blessed me and I thought I would pass it on...

On a funny note, my brother has now started a blog. He admits he is not as verbose as I am. lol (not many people talk as much as me...) I have added it to my sidebar. Not sure if he'll keep up with it as regularly as I try to do but I can be obsessive. LOL

I am gonna go enjoy an apple and then some coffee. :) Have a super evening.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love hearing the cello especially and seeing one up-close is pretty neat! I've never taken time to actually look at one, so I'm happy to see them on your blog. My favorite is the third one.

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like the Psalm, of course I will have to go to the NIV Bible to reread, and better understand. :-)

I will make sure I look at Kevin's posts.