Tuesday, February 12, 2008

02/12/08


This picture today is of some flowers from my Moms house. She had gotten a bouquet of flowers from her friend and I thought they were pretty so I decided to take a few photos. I'll show more of them later... I took a few angles. lol

I tried to get different points of view of the pistil on the lily. That is why I chose this one for today. The others I have show the lily like we normally see it. If you click on it, you should be able to see the liquid on the top of it. This was the only lily of the bouquet that was doing that.

No "doughnuts" last night, thank the Lord. Steve worked on that alarm for quite a while last night. He even had his stuff by the door in case he heard it. Many of the comments I got were that we should put up those things that make a tire go flat... or nails in a board. Believe me, we thought about that. When Steve asked the sherriff they said we would be liable for the person's tires as well as any medical bills if that person got hurt while destroying our property. Is that dumb or what? Wish we could... Steve even asked the sherriff last night if he could go put his truck at the end of the driveway to cause the person not to be able to get out if he tried it again. They said that would not be a good choice. SO, we will just sit idly by and see what happens next. Steve is researching a BIG light to put in the front yard. We'll see what happens with that.

We were working with the kids on money tonight. Now I know how my dad felt when I was their age and had NO clue as to how to count money. I hope this doesn't mean they have my math brain. lol They will get it when it clicks... I know that... but it is frustrating when you are trying to teach it. Plus, we as a society do not use money like we used to because it is all through debit/credit cards or transfers and such. Kids don't see money being used like even I did. I find more and more kids have trouble with that concept.

I must go read to the kids before they go to bed. I have already graded all papers... did that as soon as I got home. I am planning on crashing in a few... I am LOVING our new couch and the left side recliner area (if you are looking at it) has become my new favorite spot. Steve and I both passed out on each side of the couch last night and had to wake ourselves up to actually go to bed. The kids love getting cozy with me while I read on it, too. I was missing the memories I made with my kiddos on the other couch, but I am enjoying the new one and enjoying the new memories being made. I am so sentimental it is pathetic, huh? lol

Have a great evening....

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I hope the "Donut Man" doesn't show up for another drive thru. Maybe some shrubs would hinder him.

Thank you for inspiring me to post about my family. You've also reminded me of the quality time reading aloud to the kiddos. We are starting that back up. The girls are thrilled because we are reading Lion, Witch Wardrobe. Told them they could watch Narnia when we are finished. Nothing like a good incentive!

Amy said...

Wow, that is some great focus you have there with your flower! And really nice dof too. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your new sofa. :)