Saturday, February 23, 2008

02/23/08

My pictures are of the piano keys and music on the organ in the Music room at school. I was really excited with how my piano keys looked. White things can get "blown out" so easily. The music on the organ looked so inviting so I had to take a picture of that as well. lol

This morning I worked on some stuff and found that I had enough money saved to get the other lens I have been wanting. It is a macro lens that will allow me to get REALLY close to objects and it is also a great portrait lens. Well, this afternoon while I was getting ready for my "session" with the six month old, I found out my flash didn't work as well as I had thought last week after part of the base broke. In fact, when moved vertically it fell off my bracket hot shoe.

I wanted to throw up.

I had to leave for the shoot in less than an hour and had to think fast. I had already gotten all of my stuff ready and this was the "last minute" stuff I always take care of. I didn't think I would need my flash today but just as soon as I didn't take it, I would need it!! I had to go buy a brand new Speedlite. There goes my new lens. I had to look at the bright side of it, though, and think of positive things. It is a newer flash than my other one and can do more, apparently. I'm still thinking on how to be thankful for this. It wasn't what I expected to deal with but God knows the reason and I have to trust. Now is just not when He wants me to have the other lens.

My session with the six month old went wonderfully. She was SO CUTE and I had a blast with her. Here are a couple of my favorites. I let Mikayla go with me to be my "assistant". She loved it and loved being near the baby.

Speaking of the kiddos... let me just say that they have been "wild" for me. I think the full moon is having its affect. I was glad this afternoon when Mikayla stayed with me and Wesley ran a few errands with Steve. Those two together can be something sometimes. lol When they get in these "moods" they feed off of each other.

Tonight we are just hanging out and watching some TV. I am about to go watch a movie with Steve. We haven't seen much of each other today with him cutting wood and running errands and me working on stuff in the house and the "shoot."

Let's all keep on looking on the sunny side of life tonight. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about you not being able to get your lens, but glad you were able to get a new speedlight.(which one was it? On both the lens and speedlight)
Pictures turned out great. I did not get a chance to do many today, as we just slummed around the house...which was nice. :)

Sal Cartusciello said...

Sorry about your flash, but as you tell me, there is always a reason.

Very cute pictures.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry you weren't able to get the lens. I know when you do, you're going to take some awesome shots with it! Those two photos of the baby are adorable!

Wow, I love your piano keys and sheet music shots! You did awesome, I'm going to have to try again as my piano keys didn't come out nearly that nice.

Hey, I just thought of something? Do you want my 50mm f/1.8? I've taken some really sharp shots with it, but it doesn't seem to communicate well with my new camera. Let me know and I'll mail it this week. :)