Wednesday, February 06, 2008

02/06/08

Yes, this is a coffee mug. lol I should have filled it with coffee when I was taking the picture to make it look differently. I may try that another day. This is my "china" we got for our wedding. Hard to believe it is almost 15 years old. As I photographed this mug, I saw the recesses in the body of the mug that I have NEVER noticed were there!! I always concentrated on the decorative "ring" around the top. It is amazing what you continue to learn about stuff you have had for years.

I haven't been able to photograph "stuff" in a few days and I have missed that. I did those few things at Mom's the other day, which I have yet to upload, but things have been so hectic around here. I had a thought of another one today that I'll try out tomorrow or something.

I am just plain tired today. It was like by the end of the day my body "stopped" and I realized how exhausted I was. I was pretty fine throughout the day so it kind of hit me like a wall. I have so much I NEED to do but don't have the energy to do it. lol I will get it all done, I know, but I may need a quick power nap. I won't be any good at church tonight if I don't.

Our couch should be here by the end of the week!! I am excited about that... I truly just hope it doesn't blend in with our walls. lol We'll see, huh?

It has been hot today... and windy. A cold front is coming in tonight and we may get some bad storms. We'll see how it goes. I know it was to be 78 today and on Sunday be no higher than 42. lol Such is life in the winter in NC.

I taught about the heart and lungs today at school. I read today that our heart pumps 90 gallons of blood a day.... WOW is all I could muster. I truly am loving teaching all of these things because then I learn something, too. lol Even though I teach a lot of the same things every year, I still learn something new. Did you know you get a wrinkle in your brain everytime you learn something new? :) I know I have lots more wrinkles to "earn." (I tell my students that in order to "learn it" you have to "earn it"... think for themselves.... not everything is handed to them on a silver platter. lol) Just because we are adults does not mean we know it all. In fact, I find I feel more "dumb" than I did right out of college. (Of course, we know EVERYTHING when we leave college... LOL!)

I think I am going to go crash before I have to grade papers, fix something for supper really quickly, put clothes in the dryer, wash more clothes and get ready for church. The couch is calling me... typing that just wore me out. ha!!!

Have a great evening. Go get a mug and actually put coffee or hot chocolate or something in it. lol

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Need to get you one of those "24 ounce mugs". :-)

Amy said...

Great DOF! I can't believe it's so hot there, that's crazy! Make sure to post photos of your sofa when it arrives.