Tuesday, February 05, 2008

02/05/08

Yet another bird picture. This is the last one, actually, from the other week. I managed to photograph a few birds and such at Mom's on Sunday. I hadn't had time to upload them yet, though. I like this one simply because of the depth of field in front and behind the bird. It is a house finch. :)

Had another busy day today.

On Saturday, my brother helped me put up almost 200 languages that say "I love you" or some form of it. I always love that bulletin board and am amazed each year at how quickly it comes around. I don't claim to know all of the languages, but I sortof know a few. The students really enjoy it. I challenge them to find ones that are similar and try to write those in different scripts and lettering. I'll have to take a picture of it to show. I put the words "God's love makes the world go around" as the title. That is such a true statement. Without God, we would have no love and without Him we wouldn't be here. He is such a loving Father and I can't comprehend how much He loves me that He would send His Son to die for me. His patience and mercy are new every day. I am so thankful He loves me that much.

We are getting our taxes done tonight. I'll be glad to have that taken care of and done for the year. I always worry I am forgetting something. lol

The other day I saw a BEAUTIFUL sortof sunrise over a lake near my house. It wasn't fully sunny but it was just coming up. The water was so still it looked like glass. Too bad I was on my way to school. I really would love to do that some day but people might run over me standing on the side of that bridge at 6:30 in the morning. lol

We mailed off our "Flat Stanley's" yesterday. I am looking forward to finding out their adventures. lol

Well... better go meet Steve to do those taxes. Have a wonderful evening and tell someone you know you love them and remember how much God loves YOU.

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

WooHoo! Flat Stanley is on his way! Not sure what we have planned for him.

Unknown said...

Who is Flat Stanley?

Amy said...

Another great bird shot! You always talk about your relationship with your brother and I've never commented, but I think it is so neat how close you two are. I hope your taxes went well!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Flat Stanley is a school project. Don't know what he looks like, but the kids in school "make him", and then send him off to a place in the country for an adventure. At least that is how I am understanding it.