Friday, November 30, 2007

11/30/07

Ahhh... Friday. I was quite glad to see it arrive.

Here is my mantle. I love my mantle and all that it means. I'll show more shots of it later. Angels are on both sides "proclaiming" the birth of Christ. I love to look at it.

Last night the play was great but it went late! We didn't get out of there till after 11:00 and that is LATE for me to be out on a school night. lol I didn't get to sleep till almost midnight. The play was great and we enjoyed it, though. Let's just say I was running on my second wind today. I was actually not as tired as I thought I would be, but tonight I am just glad to be home.

I was supposed to have a photo shoot this afternoon but we had to cancel it because the "client's" daughter began throwing up last night. I don't think I wanted to capture THAT! We'll re-schedule for next week. I just hope it isn't going to be too cold.

I got home and crashed. The Christmas lights were on and the den was cozy and darker with only the lights from the Christmas decorations and one lamp. I decided it was a perfect opportunity to listen to my new CD NOEL by Josh Groban. Let's just say that is my new favorite Christmas CD. His voice just calms the spirit. I could have listened to it all night. Will probably listen to it again tomorrow. It gave me time to just soak in and enjoy the season.

We had a "picnic" in the den tonight. The fire was going, we watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and enjoyed our supper together, on the floor and then relaxing together in the chair and on the couch. I love those moments.

The kids just went to bed. They wanted to have a "sleepover" in Mikayla's room. Usually, they can't handle their talking and have to go their separate ways. We'll see how things go tonight. ;)

I think Steve and I are going to have some coffee in a little bit. I have lots I NEED to do around the house like folding clothes, cleaning up the kitchen, wrapping Christmas presents, etc... but by the time Friday rolls around I don't have the energy. Tomorrow will be the day I tackle that. I also have papers to grade this weekend and I could care less about grading them tonight. It will probably be tomorrow, too.

Have a blessed evening. Enjoy a cozy memory with your family. I know that fire surely does feel good tonight to me!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wayne bought me the Josh Groban cd last week, I agree it is amazing. I had five hours of driving today and listened to it twice, it went so well with the mountain scenery.

Too bad your client got sick, I hope she's better soon and you're able to reschedule. Guess what? My hairdresser features work of different artists each month and asked to feature eight of my flower photographs!!! I'm so excited!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Ok, shopping until 11pm a week ago, and then out on a school night until midnight. What have you done with my friend? ;-) Glad you had a good time.

I love your mantle. I left off those pictures of ours. I will need to take some more.