Tuesday, November 27, 2007

11/27/07

It has been a few days... sorry. I had every intention of getting on here this past weekend but my time ran out on me. Now it is back to school and the busyness of that.

We had a good Thanksgiving. That night we went to my aunt's house and enjoyed a wonderful meal there. We celebrated Thanksgiving with Steve's Mom and her husband on Saturday. Unfortunately, Steve had to work and I took the kids to his Mom's. It was weird without him there and I know his Mom was sad about it, but at least we were able to go. We had a good time.

On Friday we went and bought our tree. We "cut one down" right from Lowe's Hardward Store. ha!! It is a beautiful tree, though, and very fresh. I just love this time of year. I hate the hustle and bustle we seem to get into, but love the smells and decorations. You know the ornament pictures are coming soon!!! The pictures today are from us decorating and then the tree itself. We got the "perfect" size for our den this year. Taller without being so large around the bottom. The kids had a blast finding their ornaments and they really did a great job putting them on the tree this year. They also helped me put up the manger scene in the dining room and other what nots we put around the house. I was very thankful for their help.

I took the kids Christmas pictures 82,156,774 times this weekend. They got to the point where they DREADED me coming with the camera. I think I finally got the "one" but I also think I was over-analyzing them!

I watched Wesley a lot over the break. I wanted to make sure my thoughts on him were what I truly were thinking or if I was "living a pipe dream" with his attention span. My Mommy instinct was right and the boy really is improving in those areas. I worked on telling him many things in a row to do and overall he did them. There were a few times he didn't quite catch them all, but I am 36 and still have issues with that if I don't write them down!! Anyway, what I am seeing is a little BOY who is still maturing and growing. I don't know what his teachers will put down on their rating scale but I know that home and school's rating scales have to be the same and I don't think that is going to happen. I was so proud of Wesley tonight on how he did his homework. He had to do 10 sentences with his Spelling words. He has progressively gotten better with that and tonight it was awesome. He only had to correct a few things with his spelling and it was neatly done. He then did flashcards and did an awesome job with them as well. I am just seeing so much growth and it makes me thankful to the Lord that He is showing me everything is going to be fine. I knew that... He just had to show me again.

Speaking of that, in the last week or so I have continued to see the Lord answer my prayers. They may have been prayers I have been praying for quite some time, but He has been revealing the answers to me. He never forgets us and it causes me to continue to be in awe of the great God we serve.

I have lots of papers to grade so I need to close for now. I am wrapped up in my heavy winter robe because my darling husband says it is too "hot" for him to build a fire tonight. I am not happy about that. lol Maybe tomorrow night he'll start one up for me. :)

Enjoy the cozy moments you are able to have during this Christmas season.

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I did not take pictures while Morgan & Cassie decorated (was busy watching a game :-0 ), but I'll have some up soon.

Great news on Wesley. I know he has it in him.

Amy said...

I take so many pictures of my girls that they're starting to give me fake smiles! Grrrr, that is not good since I enjoy taking their photos so much.

I'm so happy to hear Wesley is doing so well. I'll continue to pray to him.