Wednesday, November 28, 2007

11/28/07

This mandolin is my cousin's. She received it Thanksgiving Day from HER cousin who helped design it. The design was then sent to China where a man made them and her cousin gave her one of them! It is a beautiful mandolin and has mother of pearl and, I think, a type of oyster shell in the inlay parts. I took a lot of pictures of it but everyone was thinking I was a bit obsessive so I just stopped. lol I am thinking of doing a collage of the photographs and giving it to her at Christmas. We'll see if I actually get around to doing it, though. lol

My cousin and her family love music. Actually, all of us on Mom's side of the family love music but they LOVE it and can play pretty much anything. They started "picking" on Thanksgiving night and it was nice to sit around and let your toe tap. lol They love bluegrass and gospel. I just don't have that talent. I am doing good if I sing on key (Which is quite important to do right now seeing as I am responsible for teaching the students at school how to sing their songs for the play!) Being able to play a musical instrument would be a great feat! I am thinking Mikayla will play something one day. She has already said she would like to play the piano. I think that is great except for the fact that I have no idea where we would fit a piano in this house. lol

Today was a crazy day. I am glad to be home and I really hope Steve starts a fire for me. (lol) We'll see....

We are still having ants. They came back in the foyer, then we got rid of them there and they moved to between the kitchen and dining room. Today, I get home from school and they are in our bathroom again! I realize we live on "anthill" but I am TIRED OF THEM!!! We have them year round now... there is no "Summer ant problem" anymore. They are just plain annoying. We put out traps but we are thinking they aren't doing the trick. It states on the package that it kills them "in 24 hours"... I am glad I am not on their advertising committee because we would have a problem. lol Of course, I should hush and be thankful it isn't something worse. I could have hissing cockroaches or something like they have in Madagascar, Africa!!!

I have no papers to grade tonight which is GREAT! I worked like a mad woman during "free time" at school so I could finish them all. My school bag was much lighter for it.

Well, I need to go do some flashcards with the kiddos. Please continue to pray about Wesley's situation. The teacher's gave me back their reports today and they were what I figured they would be from school. We'll see what the doctor says and go from there. I'm just learning to give it to the Lord.

Have a wonderful evening. Go enjoy some Christmas lights. :)

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Those are some great pictures. You have more musical talent then me if you can get on key. :-)

Ants?!?! We had them here in CA back in 2004. "Knock wood", have not seen too many this time out. You need find them on the outside, and stop them there. Steve will need to check all around foundation, and under house, but I bet he finds there "doorway". I know he will appreciate me suggesting this job for him.

Amy said...

That's a gorgeous instrument! My girls started piano lessons this past September and I've loved listening to them play Christmas songs for us this past month. Allyson is also taking voice lessons, she loves to sing and her voice left a bit to be desired! Her voice coach said she is the most-improved student, she's so happy to be getting better.