Monday, November 12, 2007

11/12/07

Here I am yet another week later... actually, over a week, huh?

My photograph today is in honor of the chili peppers I ate on Friday night in my Kung Pao Shrimp. :) (I took this photo at the Farmer's Market when we bought our pumpkins a few weeks ago.) I took one of my best friends out for her birthday and decided to try something I had never tried before... Let's just say the Kung Pao had some POW to it!! I couldn't believe I was eating it, but it was quite good. It definitely helped me breathe better. lol

It was great to go "out on the town" with just my friend. She and I had a wonderful time just being together and talking. And, oh how we talked... I didn't leave her house, after we were "kicked out" of Starbucks at 11:00, until after 1:00 am!!! I was such a party girl that night. (yeah, right...) We literally talked and talked and talked. It is great to be able to talk about God's goodness and how He carries us through trials and struggles. She and I had lots to say on that conversation. We can do nothing in and of ourselves... it is truly the Lord that guides us. Most of the time we don't even realize He is guiding us until we look back on it and can clearly see His hand in it all. What a comfort that is to me. Once I left her house, though, I was still wired and couldn't get to sleep till almost 2:30... I was no good by Saturday afternoon. lol

I have a new "thing" I seem to be enjoying this beginning of colder weather season... COFFEE. I have been moving more and more towards liking the stuff in the last couple of years. I have liked the iced cafe mochas for a while now, but the smell of coffee is so inviting to me now. lol I am so feeling like a grown up now. ha!! Steve bought us some coffee tonight at the grocery store and then I pulled out our little coffee maker that we used to use with Miss Pearl. (Made me miss her terribly... the smell and the sound of the coffee making brought back sweet memories of her watching Wesley and Mikayla. It also made me realize how quickly things have changed.) We made us up some coffee tonight and had a cup. It was quite nice. I made Steve build a fire tonight to get the chill off the inside of the house. He laughs at me since it isn't THAT cold, but, I can't help it... I surely am enjoying that fireplace again. I am going to have to take another photo of the woodstove, too. I can't seem to find where it is in all of my 3 billion pictures on this computer. I cleaned some out the other day. I remember seeing it... I hope I didn't toss it out with some I decided to delete!! No worries... just have to photograph it again. :)

I have been working on finding my dining room again. We have Steve's family coming over for Thanksgiving this Saturday and so we have to use it to eat! Let's just say it has been over a year since I have seen the bottom of that table. I still have lots to do to get it ready for Saturday. I was going to work on it a little more tonight but that didn't happen between supper, homework, etc.. Thankfully, I had no papers to grade tonight because I had some time to finish them at school, butI did want to work on some other things. I just now remembered I have washed a load of towels earlier when I got home and I have forgotten to put them in the dryer!! Some days I feel my head is in fifty different directions and none of them are going the same way!

Steve was off work today for Veteran's Day so he was able to come eat lunch with us. It was nice having him come... I always love to see him walk through my door. The kids were quite excited as well and had their little friends sit with us while we ate. It is funny getting to know the kids in their class.. especially for Steve since he hears about them but rarely sees them.

I cannot believe we are almost ready to start decorating for Christmas. I will be putting up a tree in a week and a half!!! I finished addressing all of my Christmas cards and just have to work on a photograph to put in them. We'll see if the kids cooperate. lol

Well, the decaf coffee didn't make me "wired" thank goodness, and my eyelids are starting to droop. I think it is time for this chickie to get some shut eye. :) Have a wonderful evening!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love your photo today, the colors are striking. Glad you had fun with your friend, those evenings are nice refreshers. I have a friend Vicki that I go to dinner and movies with a couple of times a month. Amy