Thursday, November 22, 2007

11/22/07

Yesterday, my friend and I shopped till we dropped... literally. We started around 10:30, went and ate some lunch first to get our "strength" and then didn't stop shopping till we closed down Target at 11:00. I am still pooped from it this morning!!! We did manage to get a lot of gifts and had great fun in the process.

I am feeling somewhat better today about Wesley's situation. I am still not looking forward to filling out everything and seeing what is going on but at the same time it isn't going to "hurt." I know God is in control and it will be alright. I appreciate my friends that commented back and told me they were praying. That meant a lot. (Thanks Sal and Glynis!!)

Today is Thanksgiving 2007. I continue to become more and more thankful as the Lord teaches me things. Here are some I have been "chewing" on these past few weeks.

1. My "first" family - I am blessed to still have a mother and father who love each other very much and set the example high at all times. I have a brother who is one of my best friends and gives so much of himself in planning things for me. I appreciate his wisdom and really DO learn from him. (Even though he tells me all of the time I get "glazed eyes" when he is trying to teach me something... lol)

2. My family now - Steve is so wonderful. I could not have asked for a better husband and best friend. He does so much for me that I can never thank him enough. I love him greatly. I also am thankful for the two crazy kids we have. Wesley brightens our days with silliness and laughter. He is very detailed and still loves his tractors! He is still more sensitive than Mikayla but is learning to use that in a way that pleases the Lord. Mikayla always wants to please and I see myself in her so many times as well. She can be very strong-willed at times, but I know where she gets that from! She makes me smile and I can see how the Lord is molding her and teaching her valuable things. Steve and I have a huge job in raising them and we take it seriously.

3. My friends - Where would I be without the love of my friends? I have so many, but there are those that are closer and dearer to my heart. I am thankful for the bond of friendship whether far away (Sal and Morgan) or right near my home, God has given me so much.

4. Home - Most people that know me know I am a big home-body. I love home and all that is in it. I also continue to learn that God has blessed me with what I have and I should be content. There are times in our lives where we look and see what other people have and we wonder why we aren't able to have as much. BUT... we DO have as much as others if our home is in Heaven. We have treasures awaiting us beyond measure. I have a very nice home with all that I need. I may not always get or have what I WANT but God knows that isn't always necessary anyway. I have so much more than many other people in this world. I have no right to complain but instead to count my blessings.

5. Finances - This one is the toughest for me sometimes. I am learning to fully give the Lord our "checkbook" each month to take care of all our needs. Some months I wonder how its all going to get paid or how a need is going to be met and God always provides. This kind of goes with the one above but I had to say I am blessed by the Lord that He is my Provider. He is just continuing to work on me so that I stay on my knees and depend on Him and not what is in the bank. That is humbling but brings joy when my trust is in Him.

6. Salvation - This is my most important but I didn't put these in any order. I think of what Christ did for me on the cross when He took my sins on His own body. The love that the Father has for us that He would send His own son. Could I have done that? As I have said so many times before, there is only one way to Heaven and that is by accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and knowing He took your sins with Him on the cross. It is a free gift. I am so thankful that as a Second grader on April 9, 1979 I chose to take that step. I am continually learning and growing in the Lord. The things He continues to show me and work with me on are things I wouldn't trade for anything. When I have been in a "valley of low" the Lord has taken me through it. When I have been high on a "mountaintop" the Lord has been there as well. The older I get the more I understand how the Bible talks about us becoming more like Christ. He molds us and changes us to be in His image. What a blessing to know I have a Lord and Savior that loves me that much.

7. Photography - I love taking pictures, as you all know. I am thankful for the ability and know it is not perfected but it gives me a way to view the world God has given to us. It seems I appreciate His Creation a lot more when I can get down and view it in detail without passing it by all of the time. I observe things a lot more than I used to do. Sunrises, sunsets, leaves changing, leaves budding, flowers blooming, flowers dying... all the processes of life. I am thankful for the "visual learner" that God created me to be.

8. The ability to teach - I know I cannot teach on my own... God gives me the strength I need each day and the wisdom to help my students. I am thankful for my profession and, even though some days I wish I could just be a stay at home mom, I know this is the plan God has for me and I will do the best I can with it. There is nothing like a child "getting it" when they have been working so hard to learn something. It is a huge responsibility and one I do not take lightly.

There are so many other things I know of for which I am thankful, but I know the day is going by and I haven't accomplished much. I need to go bake some Chocolate Chess pies... yes, I am baking today. ha! Mikayla will be helping me with it and I am sure it will be an adventure. Anything in the kitchen for me is an adventure! ha!! We are going to my aunt's house tonight to celebrate Thanksgiving. I know it will be a fun time of family get togetherness. (I just made up that last word...) :)

Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Please take note and list out what God has blessed you with today. Every day should be Thanksgiving... praise and glory go to Him for all we have. May the Lord bless you and keep you... may His face shine upon you and give you peace...

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

OK, you shopped and stayed out until 11pm?!?! This is not the waman I know. She would have been asleep by 9pm. :-)

No need to thank me. You and your family are special to us, and we will always help in any way.

Love your list. It is you.

Did not get chance to write my list yesterday as today's post tells, but will do so soon.

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like a fun trip shopping and loved reading your list. Amy :)