Sunday, July 01, 2007

07/01/07

You wouldn't believe how many pages on photography I have read this week or pictures I have studied. I am now at less than a week for taking photographs of this wedding and I am feeling confident yet scared to death. How can I have both of those feelings at the same time???? Ack! I have gone up to the church a couple of times already to get my lighting right. I still have some work to do this week so that isn't done. My friends keep telling me to stop worrying but when you know this is someone's wedding day you don't want to take it lightly! I do everything I can with the knowledge that I need to do it my best. I know the Lord has allowed me to do this to stretch me and to learn and so that is what I am trying to do. I know the Lord will be with me and calm these nerves of mine.

This past week we went to one of our friends house for the day. We had the best time with them and I got experimental with fruit in a bowl. Silly, maybe, but did I have fun adding fruit...OH YEAH. My friend (Hey, Kathryn!!!!) laughed at me but also got into the "photo shoot." It was such a wonderful day of sitting around and talking and laughing. It is so wonderful to be able to share what the Lord is doing in our lives and know someone understands. God is so good to give us friends. Enjoy these pictures I created of blueberries, cherries and bananas. :) I was tickled with them.

I am showing a few more pictures from our time at the lake last Sunday. The first picture is of a bird that is a GREEN HERON (Steve's Dad and Step-Mom need to know that info. hee hee) I had to ask my brother about it. He was impressed with my photo even though it isn't one that is prize worthy. For my continued learning of how to photograph nature, I was tickled. I didn't dress appropriately for wild nature shots. I had on a bright orange shirt with my capris... not exactly the kind of camouflage clothing I needed. Ha!! I waited on their deck for a long time waiting for a blue bird to come out of this bird house. Well, I sat and sat and then another bird distracted me for LESS than a second... guess where that bluebird went??? OUT of the house without me photographing it. Oh well.... I got a pretty shot of the bluebird house. ha! This other picture is from their house as well. This butterfly was enjoying the dahlias and I was enjoying watching it through my camera lens. I captured this shot and was SO tickled with it. This was my favorite shot of the day. (you can click on them to see them bigger)

Tomorrow we plan on going swimming with one of my best friends and her girls. She is also taking me out tomorrow night for my birthday. I am going to try cooked Sushi... her orders. hee he. I will take my camera along, of course.

Oh, please continue to pray for our former Youth Pastor's wife, Lora. Today was the first day that she was at church following all of the funeral services and everything. I admire her a great deal and know the Lord is helping her through the trial of Mike's passing. She is a testimony (as well as her in-laws) to the strength the Lord can give you through the trials we face. Her life is going to be so different now, but God's sustaining GRACE will take her through each day moment by moment. She is in my thoughts a lot now.

I should go see what my family is up to. I think they went to feed the dogs. I believe I need to go eat a little bit of supper as well... Have a wonderful evening and take time to thank the Lord for the gifts He has given you as well as how blessed He has made your life.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, Your fruit photographs are so cool, love them!