Saturday, July 21, 2007

07/21/07

Here are a couple of pictures from the park the other day. I just love the toad one. The turtle cracks me up because he looks like he is looking right at me saying "WHAT are you doing?" Wesley was SO excited when he saw the toad. He does love some frogs!

What a day I had yesterday!! I have been praying that the Lord would direct my steps in regard to my camera lenses and the flash. The pro photographer had told me my lens was part of my problem with the focusing issues in those wedding photos. It made some things look "soft" and it wasn't all me. That made me feel better. He also shared with me the flash I had, since it wasn't Canon brand, would not work AS well with my Camera and it would be better to get the right equipment. Anyway, he has been sending me links to different lenses I should try. I almost choked at the prices but I also know that you have to have the right equipment to get what you want in your photographs.

I decided yesterday would be the day I would go see what is out there for myself and try them out so I would know what to buy... that was in my price range! When I got to the camera store, the pro photographer I had been emailing was there! He was SO nice and took me over to the lenses and began trying different ones out on my camera. It was quite humorous. The people who work in the store all know him and he roamed freely around trying to help me. He found a USED Canon flash for my camera. When he asked the guys how much it was they said it was around the same price as the "off brand" I had to buy before the wedding. (The REAL Canon flashes are quite expensive so this was a wonderful find!) Anyway, I traded my "old" (really, new.. hee) flash for the Used Canon flash. He kept telling me it would be a better flash for what I want. I was so thrilled and thanked the Lord for showing me that find!! That made me feel better about my price range for the lens as well.

I have to go back this morning and we are going to compare two more lenses and see which ones will give me the most for my money. I'll trade my old lens when I buy my new one. I am so excited. OH... but we did find yesterday that my AutoFocus on my actual camera does NOT work properly! I thought it was ME, the user... but he used my camera several times yesterday and it did the same thing to him!! I have to send it away to get fixed. I will have to "live without" my camera for around 4 weeks. That is the part that I am not liking but I have to get it fixed. That really stinks... get a new lens and have to wait a good month to really use it. ha!!

I am continuing to pray for the Lord to guide my steps and help me make the right decision today. I know He will...

Last night the kids spent the night with Mom and Dad and Steve and I went out on a date. It was to our favorite restaurant and to Wal-Mart but, hey, we were together and that is all that matters. :) Since he has worked late so much I have truly missed seeing him so I talked his ear off at supper. hee hee

I have a wedding to go to today. I will just be able to walk in and sit down... no running around with a camera in my hand this time. :) One of my best friends is going with me because Steve has to work today/tonight. I am looking forward to hanging out with her this evening. Her daughter and husband are going on a missions trip with their church and they left early this morning.

Well, I need to go get some things done for the day. I hope you have a wonderful one!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Exciting news on the flash and lens! What a nice guy the photographer is to be so helpful. Glad you had fun with Steve at dinner, those dates are so important!

Amy said...

Kellie, I couldn't see the photos yesterday. Your photos are great, I'd be afraid that the frog would jump on me!

Which lenses are you considering? And which flash did you end up with?