Tuesday, July 10, 2007

07/10/07

A couple more photos from the wedding. I just loved all of the details of what makes a wedding. That is something I didn't have with my pictures in my wedding and I hate that now. Of course, 14 years ago that was not something people thought of much. I wanted to capture everything I could and was so excited when those pictures came out well.

We had some thunderstorms tonight that were something else!! I saw lots of forked lightning which is something we don't see very often. We mainly see the whole cloud like up or the whole sky. It was popping everywhere and I was glad I was inside! We were so thankful for the rain, though, and were not going to complain.

I finished working on the wedding pictures early yesterday and sent them to the parents of the groom. They were thrilled with them which made me thrilled. I know they aren't all perfect but I will learn from my mistakes and move forward to continue to be my best. I ordered the proofs for them today so I am anxious to see them in person. I over-analyze all of my pictures so I know I'll be doing that when they get in. hee hee

I have around 3 weeks before school starts back. I am dreading getting back into the busyness of life. I have so enjoyed the laid back times this summer. Not that everyday has been laid back but that I have been able to be at home and not be crazy all day. I know once I get back into it I'll be fine but the thought of that is not my happy place right now. ha!!!

Tomorrow we are going to the beach for the day with one of my best friends and her daughters. I am looking forward to hearing the sounds of the waves and just being with them. I am praying for a good day and a safe trip.

Steve is working late tonight and the kids wanted a sleep over in Wesley's room. I figured with the storms still around that would be a great idea. I just love my kids. I could eat them up sometimes with some of the ways they look at me or some of the things they say. I still can't believe how quickly they are growing up...

Off to read and eat some carrots. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know what you mean about the 'details' shots, I don't really have any of those either. These two are beautiful! I hope you had fun at the beach. Keep relaxing!