Sunday, July 08, 2007

07/08/07

Ahhh... now to relax a while. The wedding is done and I have spent around 12 hours in the last two days tweeking and saving all of the photos. The wedding went REALLY well. I was so thankful to the Lord for helping me the whole day and I truly give HIM the entire credit. I could not have done it without Him. There were some "blubs" in a few pictures as I knew it would. You can't take around 400 pictures and not have some. I tweeked them enough in Photo Shop, though, that they should be fine. Let's just say a majority of the pictures came out well and I am pleased seeing as this was my FIRST WEDDING!! whew....

Wesley and Mikayla did a great job. They were too cute and everyone loved them. They were cracking up the wedding party with some of their brother/sister antics. I was so tickled I could be a part of this special occasion with them. I enjoyed photographing my kiddos... who would have thought that!?? Mikayla was so cute when she was coming down the aisle. No one had really told her yesterday that she should toss the petals. They had told her Friday night that she would do it for the actual day but for practice they wouldn't worry about it. Well, since no one really reminded her she started off down the aisle but quickly turned as they were closing the doors for the bride to ask if she should throw petals. It was the cutest thing and I regret that I didn't capture it. I was so consumed with making sure I got everyone!! I think they had a great day, too, but they were tired. We all were....

I learned quite a bit through experience yesterday. I learned that lighting is not always as it seems. LOL I am not one that can think quickly on her feet, but I had to yesterday and overall did OK. I still have lots to learn in that area, but I know that will continue to grow. I was definitely out of my comfort zone yesterday but as I have said before I know the Lord will use this to help me learn. I already learned some new things in Photo Shop that I hadn't known so that is awesome!!

Even though I was quite tired last night I decided to jump on into the pictures. Because of my focusing on the pictures my house is a disaster and will need to be cleaned tomorrow!!! I am just thankful the pictures are done. Now I can order proofs and see them in print.. and so can the family!! They were really pleased with the few I sent them. I hope they are pleased with ALL of them.

Enjoy these pictures from the wedding. These are some of my creative ones which is my favorite way to photograph.. slow and steady not fast and frenzied. LOL Enjoy! More later as I am cross-eyed from staring at this screen for so long with the pictures. lol

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, You did a FABULOUS job on photographing this wedding! I love the special, out of the ordinary photos. Wesley and Mikaela look precious!