Monday, June 25, 2007

06/25/07

Here are a few more pictures from Savannah. The first is of the church spires for the Catholic church. It is architecturally Gothic and is a beautiful building. The second one shows the front of the church. The third picture is of Jones Street in Savannah. This is where the really rich people live and apparently, where everyone "wants" to live. lol The last picture is just of some greenery around a fence. I was trying to be creative on a walking tour and it didn't quite turn out the way I had envisioned because I didn't have the time to set up my camera for it but it was still pretty. :)


Yesterday we went to Steve's Dads to celebrate Father's Day with him. We didn't get to go last weekend since we were coming off of vacation. We had a nice day there and I, of course, went around taking photographs. ha!! I'll share some of those later because I haven't uploaded them yet.

On the way home from his Dads yesterday, Steve did one of the sweetest things. He told me to get out the CD that had the classical piece Canon in D on it. That was played at our wedding and when he originally bought the CD with it on it I thought it was so sweet. He said he wanted to be able to hear it whenever he felt like it. Well, he wanted it played yesterday and he played it LOUDLY in the truck. ha!! Mikayla was holding her ears but that didn't bother Steve. He kept telling them "This song always reminds me of the day I married Mommy." He then proceeded to tell them more about our wedding day and everything. It was such a sweet, and romantic, moment for me. I looked at him and saw a man that looked a bit different from 14 years ago... I saw a man with gray in his hair and crows feet coming around his eyes from smiling, but a man whom I love so much more than I did back then. I continue to thank the Lord for the blessing of such a wonderful husband. I cherish him and he showed our children yesterday that he also cherishes me just by simply playing a classical piece that was in our wedding. There aren't many men who remember their wedding let alone what SONGS were played. He will never know how much that touched my heart. I love him dearly.

I have been reading up on my camera this morning. I am trying to learn more about it to continue to prepare me for the wedding in less than two weeks. Y'all know I'll be obsessing about it until it is done. ha!! I even dreamed about it again the other night and it was always the same.. the pictures always turned out blurry and things just weren't right. I know that is just a dream but I surely don't want it to become a nightmare!!

People have been asking me where I think my photography is heading. I honestly have no idea. I continue to allow the Lord to lead and guide. I am not one that likes to talk about what I do because I know only the Lord gives us what we have. I am just thankful for the opportunities He has given me to improve my skills. I just want to please Him with what I do. I know I still have so much to learn and so much growing to do. I also know He'll be with me through it all.

Well, I really need to start working on what we're having for supper tonight. I'll have the kids help. I'll think we'll have meatballs with rice and probably peas. I am sure the kids will enjoy getting their hands in all of that hamburger. :)

Have a great one!

No comments: