Monday, July 30, 2007

07/30/07

This flower is in a planter by our garden. I love this picture.. I took it with my new lens and it is so sharp!! It is a really pretty bloom and I like the way the white turns into purple toward the ends of the petals. I have lots of flower pictures I am loving. lol

Let's just say the last few days have been interesting. lol On Saturday, we went to see Steve's Mom for her birthday. We took her and her husband out to eat and on our way back to their house Steve ran over some old wood in the road that he couldn't avoid. No sooner had I gotten out of my mouth that I hoped there were no nails in that mess that the van began to pull to the right something fierce. NOT a good sign. Thankfully, we were stopped at a stop light and when I looked out the window I couldn't believe our tire was flat!! We pulled over into a parking lot and Steve changed the tire to the lovely spare. It was humorous at this point. Well, we travel all around the area she lives only to find we were out of luck past 2:00 for any tire store to be open!! We went back to their house to call the next town over and when we were about to leave we found out we had accidentally locked the van with our keys in it!!!! Steve then had to shimmy the door and open it up with a wire hanger. By the time we found a place to fix the tire we were hoping nothing else would happen! They did manage to fix the tire, thank the Lord, so we didn't have to buy a new one. We were glad to get home....

Yesterday was a nice, normal Sunday. I did work on some things for school. I can tell I am just not ready to go back yet. Horrible, huh? I just really enjoy the less stress of summer.

Today I had to go have a scan done on my gallbladder. I have had issues with it since the spring and decided I needed to have the thing checked out before school starts. Well, it came back that it was working more than what they determine is cause for taking it out. JOY... I have no idea what the doctor will say about it all. I guess I'll just wait and see!! I know when my stress level increases that the pain will probably also. Before the wedding it was really bothering me and it was because of the stress of making sure I photographed everything correctly. lol We'll see!

I haven't photographed anything since Friday and it is bugging me!! I was supposed to photograph our youth pastor's daughter for her one year photos but that had to be cancelled today because of the weather. It was a bit stormy around today. I am hoping to do her next week. Another family talked with me at church yesterday about doing their family and individuals of their children. I am excited about that and hoping to hear back from her soon. I think tomorrow I am going to take the kids out and work on my "out of the box" shooting. They are gonna LOVE me for that!!

In talking with my pro photog. "friend" he says it would be a good idea for me to do a portfolio. I'll have to work on that in the next little bit. I have to decide first what will go in it! I am continuing to ask the Lord for guidance in how and what to do on everything. I don't want to do something that He wouldn't want me to do....

Well, it is time for me to read to the kiddos before bedtime. Have a great day and don't get any flat tires.... he heee

No comments: