Tuesday, July 03, 2007

07/03/07

I played around with Photo Shop today to learn some blurring techniques. I took a photo of Mikayla and played with the coloring and then did a guassien blur on it. (I think I spelled that correctly!) This was the first time I had played with it and I just thought it turned out awesome! This picture was sweet to me before but after I added more color and the blur I really loved it. I think I may make a print of this one! (you will probably need to click on the last two to make them larger so you can see the difference.)

Well, four days and counting till the wedding. lol I went up to the church again today to get some more lighting issues "solved." I am still having a hard time with doing closeups by our church windows because they are green stained glass. They give a green tint on some and if I try a different color tone for the picture they turn out orange. I'll just keep working on it. I did figure out a few more things about my flash today that helped. I will say that this whole experience has forced me to learn more about my camera and about PhotoShop. For that, I am grateful. See, I told you all the Lord is stretching me to learn more. ha!!

I am all alone tonight. Mikayla went for a sleepover at her best buds house and Wesley and Steve are gone golfing. Mom asked me if I wanted to come up to eat with them tonight and I gladly accepted. It is nice to be alone for a while but at the same time I don't like it. All I hear in this house right now is the fish tank filter!!!

I ate sushi last night! It was the cooked variety but it was great! One of my best friends took me out for my birthday. We went to an asian restarant named "An" and it was super. (You can click on the name and see the web site.) Let's just say it was totally different from anything I have ever eaten before but it was fabulous. We then went to see the movie Evening. It was a good movie but not the best I had ever seen before. It was one of those that left you thinking what went on after the movie was over. ha! Anyway, I totally enjoyed the time I spent with my friend. That is what meant the world to me for my birthday.

Well, enjoy the photos for today. When I get my sushi picture uploaded I'll share that. (Yes, I was a nerd and took my camera in to get a photo of the sushi. hee he)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great work with the PS! I really need to get busy and figure it out myself. I can't wait to see the wedding photos, I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job!